• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decals on concrete floors in a warehouse????

StickyBoyz

Good morning,

I am curious if anyone has placed long-term decals on concrete floors in a warehouse. The decals need to say something like NOT A FORKLIFT LOADING AREA. They need to be in yellow and then they are going to place safety tape around the decal. I was planning on printing the decals and then laminating them.

My two questions are what materials would you like. I was trying to use a normal adhesive vinyl since they want it to last with a non-slip laminate. I don't want a removable vinyl since they want the decals to last. Would a calendar ORACAL 3651 cut the job or say a cast 3M 180 work?

How long will the decals last for average wear purposes if it is not driven on? The laminate says only 2 years but they are looking for like 5-10?

Any suggestions or if someone else has done this before I would love to hear how it went.

Thanks!

petepaz

customers are always looking for longer than what is reality
i do have vinyls specially for concrete and or walls and the lam just make sure you use something that is approved non-slip for legal purposes
and how long it lasts not sure all depends on the traffic
i have put some in malls and they are there for 2 years no problems

StickyBoyz

Thanks for the reply.

I am going to use a non-slip laminate but what would you suggest to use as a base vinyl??

Thanks!

rfulford

I would try the 3m 3662 PSA with the 3647 overlam. The overlam is a very rough non skid lam. Flexcon Concrete may also be an option as would MacTac Street Rap. All are very aggressive and recommended for unsealed concrete surfaces.

StickyBoyz

I really appreciate all of your thoughts.

Final conculsion: I am going to use 3651 with a non-slip laminate (liability reasons) and tell them it will last depending on the amount of wear.

Thanks!

G-Artist

To get lots of wear and tear in a warehouse you probably need to lam with non-slip and long-wearing nylon. In the end it will be far better, cheaper and probably more profitable to cut a paint mask and brush paint or spray bomb with traffic yellow paint.

No long-term adhesion problem with paint vs. a vinyl.

If the vinyl pops and someone trips, are you insured? People who sue name everyone in the chain and even if you are found to have no fault when everything is concluded you still have to defend yourself and your business.

Just a thought.

KOOTO

Ever thought about cutting a negative then use industrial paint in spray.
Once dry, cover with special floor heavy duty clear.

Kooto