• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Decisions...sp300 or vs300

Newsignguy

Hey all, it's been awhile..but we have been busy.

We have grown to the point where it's time to buy a printer/cutter to stop outsourcing everything we need. I think the 30" is enough as the majority of what we do is 24" or less, and for the oversize, I do have a great outsource. We are getting enough work on the small stuff to warrant the price tag on either an sp300 or vs300...I can't make up my mind.

The differences that I know of..
VS has a better warranty (2yr vs 1yr)
VS Prints faster
VS has better/more color capability

SP has a better price point and will do most anything a VS will do..but slower.

I think that is right?

Speed isn't really an issue as I have enough to do while it prints..So I guess my real question is...do any SP owners regret not going to the VS for the color capabilities??

Are their differences I am not aware of?

Thanks

D.

tomence

Just get the VS, newer technology, one printhead, it prints faster and way nicer comparing to the SP. The SP is very very slow, one day which will come very soon you will regret if you buy it.

SignLogic

When you get a 30" printer, you are going to realize how fast you will outgrow the capabilities of a small printer. I always suggest stepping up to at least a 54".

Newsignguy

Can I edit this thread? I must have been tired..lol "their" - Oh how I loathe the improper use :frustrated:And I meant VP...not VS

Again, the call for me to do anything over 24" is pretty minimal...and I do have a great outsource (with a monster flatbed) for my large banners, 4x4's and 4x8's that I am happy to keep using. Space is also a problem right now..until we purchase the new building we are in, I just don't have the space for the 54 (and laminator). We do a lot of garments, and (industry) 12x12 signs, 12x20's and 24x24's

It's my understanding the VP has 4 print heads vs 2 on the SP which makes it faster? And the color options..which is my real concern.

Will I regret not having white and metallic options?