• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Degassing a 50m roll of SAV

uv

Hi, just got a eco sol rs640
does anyone have any ideas on how to degas a 50m rool lf self adhesive vinyl?

Cheers

TXFB.INS

Heh I must be tired... I read "stand on it" :ROFLMAO:.

You can throw a fan underneath it to speed up the process. There have been a few threads about "outgassing" and I believe some members posted pictures of their drying set ups.

This is what I use when I want to make sure prints are 100% cured before laminating... I just happened to have an old router table that worked out perfect. It aint pretty but it does the trick. Just make sure you loosen the roll so there is space in between each layer. I realize with a full roll this will end up being a big roll once loosened but if you use the large (slotted) roll holders it should fit.

:goodpost:that is a great DIY project will be "borrowing" that one

MikeD

Its a good idea to stand it on a raised fan or at least a raised grate, as solvents are heavier than air, and there is a chance they could pool up at the bottom of your roll and hurt the vinyl or adhesive

5Star

Its a good idea to stand it on a raised fan or at least a raised grate, as solvents are heavier than air, and there is a chance they could pool up at the bottom of your roll and hurt the vinyl or adhesive

+1 :thumb:
I stand mine on strips of timber (2x1) to let the solvent "fall" out of the roll. Unwind your roll as much as you can - like 18" - 24" diameter. It's a Must, especially for laminating or die cutting.

uv

Heh I must be tired... I read "stand on it" :ROFLMAO:.

You can throw a fan underneath it to speed up the process. There have been a few threads about "outgassing" and I believe some members posted pictures of their drying set ups.

This is what I use when I want to make sure prints are 100% cured before laminating... I just happened to have an old router table that worked out perfect. It aint pretty but it does the trick. Just make sure you loosen the roll so there is space in between each layer. I realize with a full roll this will end up being a big roll once loosened but if you use the large (slotted) roll holders it should fit.

Thanks Pat!