• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design tech 60 Cutter Driver Problems

Hey Folks,

I have a design tech 60 cutter that I got from SSK a few years back. I am trying to load the driver on my laptop that has windows 7 on it. The driver states that it is for XP but I can't get it to work.

Does anyone know of this driver will work on Windows 7 or do I need to be looking elsewhere for a driver for this cutter.

Thanks.....Tim

all_things_art

I couldn't get it to work on windows 7 either....I'm not too sure but I think it has something to do with the driver being 16-bit

all_things_art

...I just kept the designtech hooked up to a computer with xp ....I design on my new computer and transfer files as needed....it's been about a year since I tried so I can't quiet remember why it wouldn't work...see I'm running cibercut to cut with and the problem I had was something to do with the driver and that program not finding the machine on the windows 7 computer.....but I'm thinking now I could run the machine in flexisign under a "generic plotter" but i like cibercut better to cut with so I kept it hooked up the the xp computer

Thanks Art,

Yes, Design Tech was made by Graphtec but I am not sure which driver to use.

I may have to drag out the old computer to cut with until I can figure this out or come up with a better solution.

Todd M Castle

The CE1000-60 driver should work fine. I just hooked up my DesignTech to my windows 7 computer and cut out a test letter A anyway from the USB port and it worked fine with no issues from Flexi. What software are you using by the way?

CS-SignSupply

Go to GraphtecAmerica.com - SUPPORT and DOWNLOADS - Legacy Devices

Choose the CE2000-60 and download the appropriate OS version

Extract the file to your computer.

ADD PRINTER in Windows and browse to the driver folder you extracted...

Select the CE1000-60 from the list and continue with install.

Open CiberCut, Plotter Setup, ADD, choose the SSK DesignTech 60, INSTALL, change port to USB001, then choose the first device on the USB List... Send cut.

If this does not cut, go back into your Plotter Setup and click on OPTIONS>DETECT and choose the next usb device available... Think this one starts with 28xx. Device 2414 will not work.

CS-SignSupply

Call me if you have trouble and I will help.

Anyone else interested in CiberCut Software, email or PM and I will send trial download link

Thanks Bobby,

I will try this. I like my CiberCut Program. The new version has lots of new tools that I look forward to using....Thanks....Tim