• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Desperately need 6042mkii service manual

Hello,

Is there anyone that can share the 6042 mkii service manual with me? We've run into an emergency situation where we have to move the machine our selves and set it back up ASAP, and it would be a disaster to do something wrong and not be able to get up and running quickly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

APC Tech NE

Hello,

Is there anyone that can share the 6042 mkii service manual with me? We've run into an emergency situation where we have to move the machine our selves and set it back up ASAP, and it would be a disaster to do something wrong and not be able to get up and running quickly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The machine should be ok if you empty the waste ink, remove ink bottles and secure the carriage and gantry with the shipping brackets supplied by Mimaki. They are yellow and likely in a rectangular box. If you have the transportation handles I suggest you use them as well. If no brackets are available, large cable ties and masking tape can stand in to secure the moving parts of the machine. Also, it is important to keep it level at all times to prevent subtank problems.

The machine should be ok if you empty the waste ink, remove ink bottles and secure the carriage and gantry with the shipping brackets supplied by Mimaki. They are yellow and likely in a rectangular box. If you have the transportation handles I suggest you use them as well. If no brackets are available, large cable ties and masking tape can stand in to secure the moving parts of the machine. Also, it is important to keep it level at all times to prevent subtank problems.
Thank you for the great info. I do unfortunately need to get it through a smaller doorway. It was originally brought in on flipped on it's back, which I know is a long process since it's been filled with ink. The doorway is 34", but I've been able to remove enough of the trim and frame to get to 37". If I pull the rear cover and front control panel I get it down to just under 39, so I'm wondering if very carefully tilting it a few deg, nose down to keep the ink from contacting the filter in the sub tank might be a workable option with some chance of success.

APC Tech NE

I would try to draw down the level of ink in the supply tanks if any of them are really full before trying that. A syringe and a piece of tubing should suffice. Do not re-introduce any of the ink since it should be considered contaminated unless you have a .05 micron filter for color, .10 micron for white by chance. This also might throw off your chip counts but the machine will recover after new chips are gradually introduced.

I would try to draw down the level of ink in the supply tanks if any of them are really full before trying that. A syringe and a piece of tubing should suffice. Do not re-introduce any of the ink since it should be considered contaminated unless you have a .05 micron filter for color, .10 micron for white by chance. This also might throw off your chip counts but the machine will recover after new chips are gradually introduced.
Understood. And I could do this through the 3rd, capped port on the top of the tanks (closest to me?)

Gregg Lindsay

Besides mentioned above, its going to need to be re leveled and most likely the laser adjusted and that can, and should be done by someone familiar with that machine as it pretty tedious and if not done correctly will cause more down time.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Besides mentioned above, its going to need to be re leveled and most likely the laser adjusted and that can, and should be done by someone familiar with that machine as it pretty tedious and if not done correctly will cause more down time.
The laser adjustment is . . . not a fun job.

dudeinthemoon

Hello,

I have the manuals and all the information you need. Just find me in telegram dudeinthemoon when assistance will be needed and Ill tell you what to do. You have to remove ink bottles and fix the carriage with the yellow things at least to move it