• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Print Cloud sign

DRPSignsNGrafix

Anyone do the double print to avoid washout on a cloud sign? Printing twice to stick to inside as well. Good results? Any pics of it done?

DRPSignsNGrafix

Ok I"m gonna go a little more in Depth on this.

Doing a digital print for a lighted sign. What I would call a Cloud sign. We have always noticed a wash out look with a full digital printed plex face. I've read somewhere about printing a second copy in reverse and sticking it to the inside of the plex and then the normal print on the outside. That this will make the colors look more defined and not have that washed out look to it. Any one out there familiar or hear of this as well?

2B

if you are having issues with washout, this could be the bulbs are too close and or too bright.

also how thick and how opaque is your material

usually doing multiple ink layers will have a big effect on reducing washout

J Hill Designs

do a little test piece - 1 side with back print, 1 side without - you will never do it any other way again trust me. the extra time/cost is more than worth it

DRPSignsNGrafix

Well we went ahead and just printed it for both sides. Yes one is mirrored. Let them out gas and go thru our process. I'll post pics of the job when it's all done.