• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Digital Sunbrella?

CoryP

Has anyone printed sunbrella on their hp 9000?
I use wasatch and was wandering if anyone had any luck printing on it and what profile should I use. I have tried it a while ago and I think I wasn't able to get enough ink coverage on it.

jiarby

how UV stable is your ink going to be?
the sunbrella fabric will hold up, but anything printed on it will fade. even factory prints (looking now at my sun bleached sunbrella patio furniture)

TheSnowman

I was just talking to our local canvas shop yesterday and they did some and went with heat press on them. I think it's made for that if I understood them right. Can't help ya on the printing end though. I'd think unless you were printing on white, or could print white, it'd be REALLY washed out.

jiarby

sounds like they sublimated it... there are some nice roll to roll large format sublimation machines now! I'd still be worried about the ink.

How many skanky faded teardrop flag banners have you seen after they have been outdoors a bit!?