• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dirt Modified Wraps

Smacka

Having done numerous dirt track wraps, the thing I notice first is that there is no depth to the design. Everything looks flat and doesn't have any contrast to the base blue. Same with the red one. You could take that same design and punch it up a bit. I know it hardly seems worth it but most of these get trashed quickly from tire rub. Good start though. Keep it up.

fojtik83

The red and blue cars are both the same design just different colors. The blue car is a little harder to see the contrast in the picture. They're both my cars thats why their the same design.

fojtik83

What are some ideas to adding depth to the design. I'm always looking to learn!

Thanks for the advice in advance.

jfiscus

Rap Master
They look great. Where is your company at?
(I saw the local logos)

You can have the dirt modified jobs, everyone that comes in our doors here wants it done for nothing!

fojtik83

Cincinnati. I saw you were in florence, Ky. I race at Florence Speedway every weekend. I don't have my own printer right now and have to outsource all my designs for printing and laminating so it's tough to make any money right now.

Racers are what they are, we all want something for nothing but if you do good work and get discounted graphics on the right cars those drivers will get you some business.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Cincinnati. I saw you were in florence, Ky. I race at Florence Speedway every weekend. I don't have my own printer right now and have to outsource all my designs for printing and laminating so it's tough to make any money right now.

Racers are what they are, we all want something for nothing but if you do good work and get discounted graphics on the right cars those drivers will get you some business.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You go past our place on the way to the speedway, but we're not open at those times.

ScrapWrapper

Like your design. Just started design mods in the tampabay area. The sizing of the panels are weird. Here is a car we just did.

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 120
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 123
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:

ScrapWrapper

You have a good start. Just keep layering your artwork and adding more shadows. Make each logo pop from the back ground.

FTG

I've found that if I run into trouble with a "flat" looking design using drop shadows will help out a little bit.

Attachments

• Mark Abeln.jpg
    Mark Abeln.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 118