• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question dirtbike graphics

Motox917

Any info on motocross graphics! Is there a print cut laminate machine out there that would be ideal for this. (Cost is not a factor) also the best or latest software for designing and templates... I have 5 grandboys, they all race...would love to start making our own. Any info would be appreciated!! thanks [HASHTAG]#917[/HASHTAG]

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You would really invest ~$30k just to start doing that? Not to even talk about starting from zero if you are asking about design software...

Hardware for example HP L365 + Summa S2T + Good laminator.

Motox917

we also have a small chain of restaurants that we could justify keeping some of our advertising budget in house by producing banners/signs etc..

victor bogdanov

Thank you for that info! I'll start digging in!

I have a friend that is trying to sell MX graphics and Ill be printing for him. Search for MX templates, there is a site that sells templates for any bike you can think of. Buy template, design in adobe illustrator and it would be much easier to have someone else print it instead of you learning how to print and laminate from scratch. Convexvinyl makes a vinyl and laminate specifically for motorbikes, Ill be giving it a try soon.

You are probably looking at a minimum of 10k-20k to get started in printing with each bike still costing you $100+ to make vs paying someone else $200 to print for you.

I would suggest a print/cut machine for you are trying to do, even something like the roland BN 20 would work depending how wide the largest graphic would be. (you can cut wide rolls of material with a compound miter saw to fit a smaller printer, I cut 60" rolls in half all the time)

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
For designing of any shapes (stickers, graphics, e.t.c.) is never be problem in case you have graphic design skills.
I have an experience to do bike decals for Taiwan's bike production company they was accept any print ready vector or bitmap files.
I agree with all advise an above regarding equipment. Even you not so sensitive for high budget for this startup you can way faster achieve the final result in case you will print/cut your stickers an outsource.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Sounds incomplete for me. Can you send me some brochure or website with detailed information?

Motox917

Does anyone have any info ..good or bad on the mimaki cjv 150 160 ?? looks like it could be good for motocross graphics..print and cut....still need a laminator i believe for the 14-16 mill clear laminate....looks like its 11 grand...Thanks in advance...

Jeremiah

Why not consider staying in your current business and making a deal with a professional sign company to get a good price and just sell them. It might be less headache.

Motox917

Why not consider staying in your current business and making a deal with a professional sign company to get a good price and just sell them. It might be less headache.
I am 50 years old. retired 10 years ago. Have 3 businesses that do well. I'm looking to do something that I think I would enjoy doing, not for making money, just for fun. Usually before I spend say more than 10k I like to do a little research on the product. I appreciate any feedback ! Oh...and in my area its like pulling teeth to get any signs made. (one hour south of Atlanta)

Jeremiah

I am 50 years old. retired 10 years ago. Have 3 businesses that do well. I'm looking to do something that I think I would enjoy doing, not for making money, just for fun. Usually before I spend say more than 10k I like to do a little research on the product. I appreciate any feedback ! Oh...and in my area its like pulling teeth to get any signs made. (one hour south of Atlanta)
The best hint Is go on youtube and follow the Cricket system, since you want to do it for fun. They have tons if reviews and training fir free. Good luck.

Squared2002

Any info on motocross graphics! Is there a print cut laminate machine out there that would be ideal for this. (Cost is not a factor) also the best or latest software for designing and templates... I have 5 grandboys, they all race...would love to start making our own. Any info would be appreciated!! thanks [HASHTAG]#917[/HASHTAG]
Our company currently produces MX, Side by Side, ATV, Snowmobile Graphics in-house. We print using 1 of our 3 Canon Colorado Printers and cut out using a Zund. I could help you out with material referrals, templates etc if you are still looking for help?

ProColorGraphics

If you will be doing a lot of the super thick laminate, you might want to look at a Summa F1612 flatbed cutter. You would have a lot better luck with that versus a roll cutter.