• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discontinued ink for my flatbead

ADVANCED DISPLAY

ADVANCED DISPLAY
So, I was informed recently that EFI is discontinuing the ink for my rastek flatbed printer. I found a third party ink that seems legit (company down in Miami) we’ve got a backup container for each color but one at the moment so, I’m hoping when the time comes that ink will work as advertised.
However, if the worst should happen and I’m forced to replace the flatbed, what are some favorites you all would recommend I look at? I’m not sold on another EFI. Roland has some intriguing models that I saw. I’m open to suggestions.

dale911

President
Leave the Rolands alone. Their newest flatbed is a rebadged Ricoh. The older rolands are good print quality but super slow. HP R series is super overpriced and one of the most expensive for inks/consumables per sq ft.

Depending on budget, the best, in my opinion from seeing the machines in person and researching the market are the Digitech flatbeds. 2nd choice is Vangard. They have great print quality as well but shorter warranties and for a “budget” option, the Epson V7000.

Digitech has very inexpensive inks that are made in the USA, and they have a crazy long 5 year warranty. No service contracts and the print quality is amazing. The entry level 5x10 can be upgraded at anytime to their top of the line 5x10, boasting over 60 sheets of coro per hour. If you contact them, talk to Troy Lesher. He knows his stuff and gave me a lot of information about different things to consider in a flatbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Digitech makes a solid printer. We are very happy with ours. They run flawlessly 8-10 hours a day and ink costs are excellent.

FloraUSA

Master Distributor of Flora UV Printers in the US
So, I was informed recently that EFI is discontinuing the ink for my rastek flatbed printer. I found a third party ink that seems legit (company down in Miami) we’ve got a backup container for each color but one at the moment so, I’m hoping when the time comes that ink will work as advertised.
However, if the worst should happen and I’m forced to replace the flatbed, what are some favorites you all would recommend I look at? I’m not sold on another EFI. Roland has some intriguing models that I saw. I’m open to suggestions.
Hi! This is Donna from FLORA USA/American Printing Systems (APS). We have great entry level true 4x8' UV-LED flatbeds, 6.5x10' flatbeds and also roll to roll and hybrids. We also offer warrantied refurbished machines at very reasonable prices. Depending on the model, we have belt driven or a linear magnet drive motors that's built for speed and print quality with the Konica Minolta 1024-A printheads. The APS FLORA USA inks are formulated and made in the USA, CMYKWVLcLm, Red, Violet, Orange and other colors available through custom formulations. We service what we sell. Please let me know if you are interested in a customized quote to suit your specific needs. You may reach me at DonnaH@florausa.net or by calling 862-437-1457 ext 131 www.FLORAUSA.net

Last edited: