• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DISWAY WASH on the UJF 7151

Forty One

Can anyon assist me here?
I'm about to fly interstate to packdown a 7151 plus and get it ready to ship.
I know when I do a DISWAY WASH or head clean on the 3042 that it combines both Magenta & Cyan or Yellow & Kay or both white channels due to the config of the head when doing this service.
Same if I need to clean the head.
Thus, I only require 2 cartridge to clean said channels when cleaning one head at a time.

From what I can see on the 7151, all heads are individual. Not combined dual colours.
So, if I was to do a DISWAY WASH, do I do it individualy to each colour channel one at a time or will I require multple bottles of cleaning solution to do all colours at once?
And on average, if I was to flush all the ink out of each line, how many 1ltr bottles will i need?

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
You're supposed to go through the service menu and flush all of the ink out of the of the machine completely (ink lines, subtanks, heads caps) to ship it. That means 8 bottles of flush. Just a disway wash isn't gonna do it. Then there is the matter of the yellow brackets and the special caps that came with this printer when it was installed those will all need to be reinstalled.

Forty One

Cheers,
I spoke with the Mimaki Tech on Friday and he believes that a standard Disway wash and lockdown will suffice the shipping to me.
I figure its about a week, 2 tops that it will be idle for.
Yeah, all the caps, locking head etc will be fitted.
I have ordered new dampers etc for when it does arrive, not only for chance I mayu need to replace some, but I generally always keep a backup of 'consumables' if things need replacing.

Smoke_Jaguar

Make sure to put in a new wiper absorber before the trip. Had my fair share of messed when people left full ones in the printer before moving. Not a bad idea to tuck in a stack of paper towels under the waste tank output as well to catch any drips that might get dislodged during handling.