• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Diy rack for dry prints

karst41

During my years making mock ups fo food and Bev designs we used some 1/2" steel rods
and a 3" section was bent 90 deg that dropped down into a steel supported 2x4 attached to the Wall
we could easily hang 20 30" x42" freshly inked sheets with 2 large bulldog clips.
The hole in the board was 5/8 to allow the rods to easily float.

If you have a lot of extra space, you could get a elk screen drying rack.
Silk screen equip is usually cheap.

Could also Make a book case with clamps that are in steps 1"out 2" down.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Maybe something like a bakery cooling rack?
Obviously not DIY but something used could be cleaned up easily and put to good use.

1632013216821.png

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
what about a clothes drying rack? or at least might give you some ideas for construction of one

clothesdryingrack.jpg

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Something like this?
We use something similar for glass. Except ours are double sided and padded. We made ours, but im sure some fab shop can put one together very easily.

f40634205c0e9f893f66b77ac407598f.png

Saturn

Aging Member
For regular vinyl no more than 30" wide (which it sounds like yours is) I beat my head against the wall for a couple years trying to find the best solution... Clips, magnets, custom-made hangers and hooks, etc., and I ended up coming back to what I started with—taping them to the wall and just moving each new sheet up a half inch each time... Works best if your lam/cutter are close by and processing them all in order isn't an issue. They'll dry at least as well, if not better, than roll-to-roll.

If you've got unlimited floorspace, something like the previously mentioned silkscreen racks are probably the best bet. Used... if you can get them. ;p

cyclerc

Hey guys thanks for all ideas, I taking ideas for each one, Thinking something like silkscreen rack with pvc tubes and coroplastics sheets ,or with wood.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
For regular vinyl no more than 30" wide (which it sounds like yours is) I beat my head against the wall for a couple years trying to find the best solution... Clips, magnets, custom-made hangers and hooks, etc., and I ended up coming back to what I started with—taping them to the wall and just moving each new sheet up a half inch each time... Works best if your lam/cutter are close by and processing them all in order isn't an issue. They'll dry at least as well, if not better, than roll-to-roll.
Photo prints up to 44" wide, I make my way down the corridors. Works for prints up to 80" long (I'm only 5'10). Winds one of my colleagues up, as I'm making the place untidy, until I walk down behind them counting £200, £400, £600...