• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DMCA Notice Received from Aurora Graphics

66duane

aurora graphics

question.....if a g refuses to allow you to sell your graphics disc then they HAVE to extend the offer of buying it back,,,point o law,,,they under no circumstances can have it both ways...i just reas a article that a similar case the company trying to stop the sale was ruled against,,, would love more on this duane

WildWestDesigns

question.....if a g refuses to allow you to sell your graphics disc then they HAVE to extend the offer of buying it back,,,point o law,,,they under no circumstances can have it both ways...i just reas a article that a similar case the company trying to stop the sale was ruled against,,, would love more on this duane

Most do offer the ability to buy back when you are talking about say student edition software that they prohibit you from selling to someone else due to the "deep" discount that they give for qualified buyers.

However, it's a little harder in terms of graphic files. Typically a buy back (or even the sale to another person) involves that the buyer removes all traces of said artwork, files etc from all of their computers and/or storage drives. That's a little hard to make sure that when you are talking about Ai, CDR, jpg etc files.

Do you have a source for that article that you read? Without knowing the specifics, it's hard to say why they did or didn't rule in someone's favor.

Also remember, that when jiarby made that comment (in this thread) about Autodesk and their lost case on stopping an ebay seller from selling an older version of their software, later on that year he made that post, a higher up court ruled in their favor and threw out the lower courts decision.

Techman

Most do offer the ability to buy back when you are talking about say student edition software that they prohibit you from selling to someone else due to the "deep" discount that they give for qualified buyers.

Name one..

WildWestDesigns

Name one..

Ooops, I meant refund, not buy back. No, once you have had it for awhile and you recently have no use for it, that's not there fault. I was thinking along the lines if you don't agree to the EULA, then there typically is a refund as long as the there doesn't appear to be a breaking of the seal of the CD case (which is separate from the box that the disc comes in or it's a plastic sleeve glued to the inside cover of a book etc) or anything like that.

Techman

then there typically is a refund as long as the there doesn't appear to be a breaking of the seal of the CD case

Name one that has ever given a refund.. AT least one that did not fight the refund until the bitter and was ordered by a court.

WildWestDesigns

Name one that has ever given a refund.. AT least one that did not fight the refund until the bitter and was ordered by a court.

Buy through a third party. You typically have much more leeway thru a third party then buying direct, at least when it comes to hassles like that.

I'm sure we can think of plenty of companies that will fight to the bitter end rather or not they actually have a viable claim to do so. Typically in those cases, it's sheer funds that determine the winner, nothing more.