• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do any of you use HP branded vinyl?

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I got a call from vendor I didn't want to take, but have been offered calendared air release vinyl "made" by HP at about $75 less per roll, do any of you have any comments about experiences using HP branded material.

I used buy to Briteline years ago and that is the only house brand I would take for printed media, but it is not longer made by Avery and sucks,

It is not my money, so please tell me of any compromises if I were to switch. I use the HP vinly that came with my 365 last year as $hit material the techs can waste.

TIA!

Bly

We tried some of the HP Prime calendared. It prints well but I thought the adhesive was a bit weak. Maybe it sets up stronger after a little time but we didn't re order.
All the HP media was on crazy mark down prices recently so I imagine it hasn't been a great hit.

RaymondLoewy

I have been thinking their (HP's) desperation pricing may have came from the dumb shops going out business that bought their media. I tried Midwest *I believe provided" 3m house house vinyl and think the makers are making house brands crap no on purpose. Briteline was great when it was Avery.I won't even bother with cut vinyl with them anymore.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Its not actually HP media, its Lexjet/BMG who own the rights to the HP logo now so all the media is, is a house brand vinyl from Lexjet with an HP logo on it. Lots of other options in better price points also, In my opinion.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
What's even worse is when you are a supplier and trying to compete against Lexjet against their own "HP" branded vinyl. LOL its such a racket. As Bigfish said... much better options at better prices.

RaymondLoewy

Its not actually HP media, its Lexjet/BMG who own the rights to the HP logo now so all the media is, is a house brand vinyl from Lexjet with an HP logo on it. Lots of other options in better price points also, In my opinion.
I would like to hear more from you, I have the impression you don't deal in CO though?

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
I use HP media daily. I've been using it for years and have no issues with the quality at all. I've probably printed 250 rolls of the HP Prime Matte Air GP in 2020. This is my GO TO. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I use HP media daily. I've been using it for years and have no issues with the quality at all. I've probably printed 250 rolls of the HP Prime Matte Air GP in 2020. This is my GO TO. Best bang for the buck in my opinion.

You should give mine a shot.

dypinc

I have had real good success with the HP branding media. Good to the have competition in the intermediate Polymeric vinyls especially since General Formulations vinyls have gone to hell. I have been really impressed with the HP Grip and how easily it weeds.

mkmie

Lost Soul
What would you consider a better option to the HP Optimal/Polymetric kit at $355?