• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do You Charge for Art Clean up?

signs2trade

Ha...... based upon your post. You have an employee dedicated to doing 25 a day. Otherwise, it's just another empty statement. Try basing your comments on things you know or things you are experienced in doing. Not some fabricated wannabe throwing out dumb numbers.

The numbers I used are merely based upon facts. If you're gonna go to the trouble of vectorizing a piece of artwork, as by your own earlier statements can take up to an hour or as little as 10 minutes, the average cost of that job is probably worth around $1,200 to $1,500 each. Even if it's as little as $1,000, that's still $125,000 a week, according to your statistics.

Therefore, if you're not making decent money on your various projects, then you're giving work away you can't really afford. Thus, your doing art for free is just plain dumb.

However, do as you feel is best for your business to keep your doors open. It was only about a year ago you were advertising for help and moving into a brick building, so I guess you don't need to charge for your stuff, huh ??
Wow.. I have been on this site for many years. I started as I-45 Signs years ago. One of the companies I'm part owner of does well over 7 digits and one of the largest of its kind sign company. I will keep my knowledge of this business to myself. I guess giving away a glass of water at a restaurant to get the food order is dumb also.... Y'all have a lot of anger out there..... I wonder why....

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We rarely charge for it. If it is super complex, we will discuss art and design fees. But for the simple logos and things most people send (usually JPGs straight off the website) I can recreate pretty quickly, and like someone else said, can be done in the same amount of time it takes to hem and haw with the customer and still never get any decent artwork. Most design work is kinda built in to our pricing anyway...so it all evens out in the end. We charge for quality work, so whatever we have to do to produce that quality work is what we do.