• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you give customers little samples with their orders?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Every time I order from Sticker Mule I get free hot sauce and a bunch of little stickers - I love it! I used to give can coozies and recently started giving American Flag stickers and a business card magnet with every order that I just put with the invoice. Sometimes if a customer orders Gildan shirts I'll print one with a nicer shirt to try and upsell for the next time. The flag stickers are a BIG hit.

Does anyone else do anything? I really like free stuff...

jochwat

Graphics Department
That sounds like a great idea. I try to keep my side business within my local area, to keep things under control, and it sounds like including some school mascot stickers with each order would be a hit! Now I'm trying to think what else might be nice and "neighborly" to include...

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I have your hot sauce assistant Stacey...

That's actually a good way to get people to remember your business, and kinda fun. One of the places I order car parts from for my toy at home always comes with a handful of little bags of Skittles.

Attachments

• IMG_20230810_105007498_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230810_105007498_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 97

gnubler

I love the Sticker Mule goodies too, and their packaging as well. I've been wanting to improve my packaging somehow, it's on the list.
With an invoice I include a rack card describing my services, a b-card with a QR code for Google reviews, and a couple vinyl stickers. I do US flags and have a couple designs of my city & state. If I'm doing printed vinyl and have extra room I'll print some logo stickers for customers and include them as freebies.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I love the Sticker Mule goodies too, and their packaging as well. I've been wanting to improve my packaging somehow, it's on the list.
With an invoice I include a rack card describing my services, a b-card with a QR code for Google reviews, and a couple vinyl stickers. I do US flags and have a couple designs of my city & state. If I'm doing printed vinyl and have extra room I'll print some logo stickers for customers and include them as freebies.
I love the idea of the state or city sticker!!! And I have also printed some little "extras" for customers...it sometimes results in another order. They didn't realize they needed them until I gave them to them LOL

gnubler

I love the idea of the state or city sticker!!! And I have also printed some little "extras" for customers...it sometimes results in another order. They didn't realize they needed them until I gave them to them LOL
I design them myself and order from Firesprint. Die cut stickers. People love them! When people come in with their kids they usually grab a few from my "freebie" bin on the front counter.

When I print the extras and include them with jobs it's led to actual orders for vinyl stickers...which is kind of my goal.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
in my past life... working for a wholesale mail order company... we used to always put tootsie rolls & jolly ranchers in orders. New customers would get a little packet which included a branded bic pen, a 6" ruler and some tootsie rolls and jolly ranchers. I ordered the supplies, and at least 3 times a month someone would want to know where we got the rulers.

gnubler

I've been wanting to get some pens imprinted. A colleague suggested Totally Promotional...anyone used them?
I have printed notepads on the front counter also, sometimes people grab a couple.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I always used 4imprints. They would send me a goody box of stuff every month. I still have dozens of tote bags and other random things with the 4imprint logo.

JBurton

Signtologist
I have your hot sauce assistant Stacey...

That's actually a good way to get people to remember your business, and kinda fun. One of the places I order car parts from for my toy at home always comes with a handful of little bags of Skittles.
I'm going to assume you've had that heavy duty monitor stand since the time of giant CRT monitors...
where we got the rulers.
Well?

I give out free color samples all the time! We also have a tub of awful USB's (slow, 2gb), and a few boxes of flashlight/pen combos, that we constantly forget to send out in any way. Expos, deliveries, walkins, doesn't matter, you'll leave empty handed!

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Usually with a client in the police or emergency services, I'll make 3" or 4" high decals of their shields, patches, or maltese cross as a giveaway. Between 4-6 of them that eats up some of the waste material makes the customer light up like a kid on Christmas.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Usually with a client in the police or emergency services, I'll make 3" or 4" high decals of their shields, patches, or maltese cross as a giveaway. Between 4-6 of them that eats up some of the waste material makes the customer light up like a kid on Christmas.
That's a great idea!

MMPFred

That's a great idea!
We have a table set up with items we vary from time to time but what are almost always there are t-shirts in various sizes. I beleve they are less than $3 and the screen printed, single color transfers we press them with are pennies apiece. So for $3, the customer gets a free t-shirt with our business on the front that they're hopefully wearing around town. We give out 2 or 3 a week...

Last edited: