• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do you put prices on your website?

tanisha

Ok, so I'm giving my website a bit of a jig around , which led to me and a colleague having a discussion about prices on the website. I have all my signs/banner priced on the website for standard sizes and if a customer requires a different size or a bulk order, they ring or email. However, my colleague pointed out a lot of our local competitors don't have any pricing and you have to request a quote. My question is this... do you have your pricing on your website? I personally find it annoying when I want something to have to ring/email i'd much rather go to the website and order what I want without waiting for emails, but having said that business is a little slow at the minute and maybe there is something in not putting prices out there?
I'm not the only one that's likes to get in and get out right?

gnubler

I don't, because 99% of the products I make are custom. For things like USDOT and boat ID numbers, I have a retail price list on my front counter...most of those people are walk-ins anyway. I have a simple quote request form on my website and try to get prices back to people within 24 hours.

I think website pricing is limited to the bigger online retailers catering to the public. I'm primarily B2B.

tanisha

I don't, because 99% of the products I make are custom. For things like USDOT and boat ID numbers, I have a retail price list on my front counter...most of those people are walk-ins anyway. I have a simple quote request form on my website and try to get prices back to people within 24 hours.

I think website pricing is limited to the bigger online retailers catering to the public. I'm primarily B2B.
Thanks for the reply. I'm mainly B2B too and wonder if this is off putting for them. Most of my customers are repeat and word of mouth customers so trying to reach further afield. I thought it would make things easier for the customer but as my college pointed out people, especially other businesses like to talk to who they are buying off. Looks like my website is getting more than a jig tonight.

signheremd

No. Everything is custom, so quoted. One customer may just want one word, and another a full design with photo and artwork. For marketing, you could say "competitive pricing", "fast quotes", "Customer service is our priority", "let our experts help you today", etc...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I think the pros outweigh the cons. I also don't like the song and dance routine of having to call for a price and won't do it unless there are no other good options. It pre-qualifies your inbound calls and weeds out the tire kickers who do nothing but waste your time.