• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy Do you want to get more authentic bona fide reviews?

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
If you have been reading my threads about how to respond to online reviews, maybe you are interested in how to get more real online reviews from your loyal customers. I am not talking about the fake reviews you can buy. What I am talking about is how to have your eager loyal clients really want to write genuine reviews. I was planning on posting about that some time out in the future, but if there is enough interest, I would be happy to start a series in tandem with my current series. What do you say?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I say I just send a quick e-mail after I know they are happy.

Just want to thank you again for the business! I was happy with how everything turned out too.

If you have a Google account could I ask that you leave a quick 5 star review? Those reviews help my ranking on there and let people know how I do business. You could do that here: URL

If you need anything else don’t hesitate to reach out.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Come on man. This all you got? I’m no genius here but this looks like spam from my house.
If you think I might be a scam, then go for it until you can say hey or nay. I acknowledge that I am very new to Signs101. I quickly learned that there was no one here offering anything like what I came to offer. So I said I will start and learn as I go. I am grateful that you want to know the truth. Go for it.

visual800

I dont ask anyone to leave reviews on anything. I dont inconvenience people with that . I personally dont leave reviews for anything and dont believe anything I read. Sorry just how the world is these days full of lies and spam. If someone needs so "go to" contacts for a certain service thats when I lead them in the right direction

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I dont ask anyone to leave reviews on anything. I dont inconvenience people with that . I personally dont leave reviews for anything and dont believe anything I read. Sorry just how the world is these days full of lies and spam. If someone needs so "go to" contacts for a certain service thats when I lead them in the right direction
Thank you for your input. I appreciate that you took the time. I am grateful that you are willing to lead others in the "right direction."

Reveal1

(You asked) What would interest me would be topics specific to the sign industry. That's why I come to S101. Plenty of places to get help with reviews, Google optimization, listening, sales techniques, negotiating or whatever is on your agenda. If you had a TRULY unique sign industry spin, that may be of interest to some. For example (not a lot of thought given here), ' How to market environmental graphics' or ' 3 ways to re-position a Sign company as a full-service print provider' where your presumed skill-set might contribute. Putting a thin coat of paint on self-help techniques and marketing them as sign industry specific is just too obvious to this crowd.

C

ColoPrinthead

Most people on this forum are used to gaining trade knowledge and business advice through insults to their intelligence and asualts on their political beliefs, they are not used to your style SSM.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
(You asked) What would interest me would be topics specific to the sign industry. That's why I come to S101. Plenty of places to get help with reviews, Google optimization, listening, sales techniques, negotiating or whatever is on your agenda. If you had a TRULY unique sign industry spin, that may be of interest to some. For example (not a lot of thought given here), ' How to market environmental graphics' or ' 3 ways to re-position a Sign company as a full-service print provider' where your presumed skill-set might contribute. Putting a thin coat of paint on self-help techniques and marketing them as sign industry specific is just too obvious to this crowd.
Thank you for your input. I will take it to heart.

Reveal1

Thank you for your input. I will take it to heart.

220px-Ben_Kenobi.png

zspace

Premium Subscriber
We survey every customer for reviews on every order. When we started I was terrified we would only get negative feedback. After a few years, I've learned that the few negative responses help my business grow more than all the glowing recommendations. We've made a lot of improvements through the customer feedback.

If you believe this topic doesn't apply to your business or you aren't interested in it, then ignore it, there are others that might find it helpful.

Disclaimer - I don't know Sign Shop Mentor or any thing about him or his business. The questions he's asked and advice he's given so far seems on target with business development for any business.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
We survey every customer for reviews on every order. When we started I was terrified we would only get negative feedback. After a few years, I've learned that the few negative responses help my business grow more than all the glowing recommendations. We've made a lot of improvements through the customer feedback.

If you believe this topic doesn't apply to your business or you aren't interested in it, then ignore it, there are others that might find it helpful.

Disclaimer - I don't know Sign Shop Mentor or any thing about him or his business. The questions he's asked and advice he's given so far seems on target with business development for any business.
Thank you zapace for your encouraging words. One of the things I enjoy about the sign making industry is that people to people relationships are often much deeper and can last for a lifetime. My interest in this series is how to best respond to an authentic review from a loyal client. If there is enough interest, maybe we could team up to write a series on how to best respond to negative reviews. What do you think?