• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does a Roland VP 540 Tell you when an ink

EbsWeb5150

cartridge is empty. On the machine it shows the black ink cartridge as having zero bars left BUT yet it is still printing black. I thought once there weren't any bars left the ink cartridge was empty. Does a VP 540 ever forget to tell you its out of ink. Maybe I'm to over concerned.

don't go by the ink bars in versa works, thats just an estimate. the machine will give you a beeping sound and on the screen on the printer panel it will tell you which ink bank needs changing. what i do is have a color ready that you see in versa thats going to be empty and then have it ready near the printer so i can change it over immediatly the machine beeps. reasone being you don't want any color changes in the print as it drys.

Malkin

don't go by the ink bars in versa works, thats just an estimate. the machine will give you a beeping sound and on the screen on the printer panel it will tell you which ink bank needs changing. what i do is have a color ready that you see in versa thats going to be empty and then have it ready near the printer so i can change it over immediatly the machine beeps. reasone being you don't want any color changes in the print as it drys.

I would guess it takes about 15 seconds for me to get to the printer, grab a cartridge, take it out of the plastic, give it a very gentle shake, and swap them out. If the print has a dark background, there will be a noticeable band due to the different drying rates, I just don't think it's avoidable. Light colors seem ok though.