• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone have a spare licence of Vinylmaster XPT for sale

Smrmx14

Vintage bike restorer
I just dropped the money for xpt 4 and love the software but the driver is a pos for my mimaki jv3-130 sp2 . The worse printing I have ever seen and you email the guys at vinyl master and response back. After buying now I see that they want you to try the trial first to make sure it prints ok.
These guys need to step up their game.

antonitus

I just dropped the money for xpt 4 and love the software but the driver is a pos for my mimaki jv3-130 sp2 . The worse printing I have ever seen and you email the guys at vinyl master and response back. After buying now I see that they want you to try the trial first to make sure it prints ok.
These guys need to step up their game.

Thanks for your post. I was seriously thinking of getting the XPT as I have the LTR version and I like the way it cuts and the nesting part. I also like the fact that I can print a document again without opening the document in the Vinyl Spooler. I also like that I can nest and cut different documents on one single cut.

So just out of curiosity, what don't you like about the printing as I can't print on my LTR version.

Also, their customer service is a little slow. When I asked them a question last week, the technician said she had to talk to her boss and get back to me. I sent her another email to push her response and still nothing even though I am a member of their club and I am paying monthly. I found that a little rude and unprofessional. So do I buy into this more expensive piece of software if they can't respond to my question?? On the flip side, it is far cheaper than the other RIP software, so it may be worth it just for that. I really have to think about it now that you mentioned it can't print well.

Smrmx14

Vintage bike restorer
I dropped the money so I could contour cut with my plotter wuth the same software. My main concern is the printer driver for my printer. I thought it may be a printer problem but tried other rip software trials and their profiles make my prints look good. I emailed vinylmaster weeks ago with no response. Other thank this I like the software. If I print black it looks blue or over sprays on lettering. No problems with the other trials.

Attachments

• 1495317426895-1087358071.jpg
    1495317426895-1087358071.jpg
    972.6 KB · Views: 176

antonitus

That's interesting. Is your firmware up to date as sometimes this could be an issue with certain drivers. I can't test it myself as my printer is clogged and needs flushing, maybe even exorcism, who knows, I'm on the case now to try to unclog it, if I am successful that is, otherwise I'll just use it for cutting, which is good enough for me. Saves me the hassle of maintaining it. I already have another large format printer that prints well.

I also had similar colour problems with my other printer, but choosing the right media related to the media choices on the printer seem to do the trick, so it may just be a media configuration issue. Also, I can't see any blue in the photo you uploaded.

Dallas225

I second catalinJ - all Roland printers come with versaworks rip software that works pretty damn good, we used it for years. Whenever we got a new computer we would just reload the software and it would see the printer on the system and just re-register itself and away you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DYNAMICGRAPHICS

Dynamic Graphics
Hi,

I know I'm being cheeky here, but I'm tight on money at the moment. Does anyone own Vinylmaster XPT and have a spare licence I could buy off them. I hear you get 4 licences with it. I have the LTR version for one month trial and I love it, however I can't print from it. It does some fantastic cutting, but I am struggling to get RIP software for my Roland SC-500 printer. The XPT version will work with my printer to print as it has the RIP software plus ICC profiles. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
antonitus