• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone on here have a Mutoh 1627 mh? If so do you have a problem with your inks?

Petra Campbell

When my printer gets 1/3 low on one of the inks it basically wont let me do anything. I cant put into sleep mode so basically I have to unplug the machine. I feel it wastes inks because I always have to change the ink when there is 25% left in the bag! At $200 a bag that is about $50 that is wasted.

dudeinthemoon

You should never unplug it, it has autocleaning and maintenancing cycle to prevent drying printheads. Every inkjet printer must be powered all the time after initial ink filling, and it will always waste a certain amount of inks to clean the heads

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the machine is flagging the cartridge as empty before it's actually empty, you might need a new maintenance station. The machine only guesses at how much ink has been used so if the amount of ink it thinks it's pulling from the cartridge when doing cleanings is less than it expects, it flags early. Call your ink supplier. They should be able to get you cards to use the rest of the ink.