• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

does anyone print 360x540 12 pass?

Spencer McMurtry

i just made a awesome profile at 360x540 12 pass bi dir (high speed off) the colors are bright and best of all no banding! was curious as to if anyone else runs this mode, or anyone has input on it. i am running heat at 45 pre and 40 print. i am thinking it might need to go up a little bit printing on 3164G / 3165RA / 3m 180c.

also does anyone have in tips on what setting to use in profile maker for the separations like the max cmyk and max black settings?

Thanks!

Letterbox Mike

I've got a 360x540 6-pass bidir profile for our JV3 that prints great. We use it alot for yard signs, up close it's pretty grainy since the resolution is low, but it's a fast profile and the color and saturation is about as good as it gets and it's totally band free. The heat is set to 45-43 and it's great on calendered vinyl.

Letterbox Mike

Try a 6 pass profile or a 720x720 4 pass for vinyl, it'll work, I promise. No reason to print at the slower 12 pass when you can get the same quality at twice the speed.

Spencer McMurtry

i had all 3 of my prints heads get damaged due to the capping station coming loose somehow and it really scratched them up (all the heads where less than a month old when this happened :(... so when i try to print 720x720 i am missing nozzles and it looks like banding, which makes profiling at 720x720 almost impossible. however when i print 360x540 none of the nozzles are missing so at this setting i can profile the machine correctly. i will try 6 pass at 360x540 and see what happens.

i have had the worst luck possible with these jv3 machines, however i now know how to replace just about everything in them! motherboard, slider board, print heads, ink lines, captops, dampers, and i am about to replace a bearing soon as it is getting very noisy!