• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Graphtec Loupe Have Units?

newparade

Do the markings in the Graphtec loupe relate to any actual units like millimeters, or are they just arbitrary?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We use ours to ensure accurate depth across blades when we swap them out. So far so good.
There is a 0.4mm difference in depth between our cutting and perfcutting blades, and our label machine has it's own depth setting as well (which also uses the Graphtec holder setup).

Seeing if the tip has snapped off or gone blunt is a bonus for us.

newparade

Thank you for the help everyone. It took me some thought to finally realize that scale units on the holder were the same as the scale units on the loupe.

BVG

We use ours to ensure accurate depth across blades when we swap them out. So far so good.
There is a 0.4mm difference in depth between our cutting and perfcutting blades, and our label machine has it's own depth setting as well (which also uses the Graphtec holder setup).

Seeing if the tip has snapped off or gone blunt is a bonus for us.
Curious to try one of these out now, where did you get yours from Simon?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Smartech/Quadient/Neopost or whatever they're called this week :roflmao:
Looks like Starleaton are doing them now too,

Product code PM-CT-001.

• Hilarious!
Reactions: BVG

signheremd

I think the Graphtec loupe is used to see if there is still a Sharp Tip on your blade not to see how far it is extended.
Not on the newer machines, like the FC9000. You adjust depth to the depth of the material you are cutting: plain vinyl, laminated vinyl, vinyl with 10mm polycarbonate lamination (floor graphics), etc...