• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

door/window size estimation software?

Sheila Roberts

Does anyone know of software available to take a photo and estimate the size of the windows instead of actually visiting locations and taking measurements? We have nearly 1000 locations that need signage on an ongoing basis. One of the problems we have is getting accurate measurements of the doors and windows. I have tried using standard measurements (such as a door is usually 36" wide) and estimating but I am always afraid that my estimates are going to be wrong.

imaSIGNr

Doors and windows can always vary. Doubt if there is such a thing .
You have to visit the location to take the photo anyway.

RaptorRay

I saw a product called Stickyyard. You stick their ruler to the wall and take a picture. Then you pull the picture into their program. It will then allow you to point and click on objects to display measurments.

Plan on ordering this in Janurary.

Ray

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I have had a client tape an 8 1/2"x 11" piece of paper before they take a pic to use as a size reference and then size to scale to get fairly close...when I do a survey I take along a 2 foot by 2 foot checkerboard panel for sizing.

ChiknNutz

If you are there to take the photo, why not take a measurement? You really only need one measurement, though two are better to ensure your aspect ratio is correct in the photo. I do this all the time and it's rarely off enough to make a difference.