• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double cuts

Stroker Ace

I have a Graphtec CE3000-60 cutter and I use Pro Design software, which is somebody's private label version of Flexi Sign.

I'm cutting small flames with inlines for rc cars. What's happening is that after the original flame and then the inline are cut, it starts over and re-cuts over the original lines. The second time over, the mask pulls up and is ruined. I don't know if the problem is with my software set-up or my plotter set-up. Any suggestions? Thanks.

BTW, if it's important, it's always done the re-cut for some reason but it's never pulled the mask up before.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Double cuts is usually caused by having duplicate vectors sitting right on top of each other. Try drawing a single shape in your software and cut it to see if it still double cuts. If it does, then look for a box that's checked for double cuts in your plot software.

mountainmang

sometimes it's as simple as clicking on the image, pulling the duplicate down and deleting it. using the ungroup fxn on my software works as well.