• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Double prinhead CE4 for OCE ARIZONA 350 GT

Deymos1981

Hello everybody. I am the owner OCE ARIZONA 350 GT. As you know, it has Toshiba CA4 printheads installed on it. But now they cannot be found on sale. And if there is, then at a very high price. But everywhere they sell double printheads CE4 at good prices. Maybe someone has experience or thoughts on how to set the head CE4 on 350 GT. It seems to me that I'm not the only one interested in this.

AlsEU

It's not possible - the CE4 head is in fact two CA4 glued together, so it needs more space to be installed inside the carriage. You would need to make bigger holes in the head plate, redesign the head mounting and so on. Look at the pictures of both heads, they are different.

Deymos1981

It's not possible - the CE4 head is in fact two CA4 glued together, so it needs more space to be installed inside the carriage. You would need to make bigger holes in the head plate, redesign the head mounting and so on. Look at the pictures of both heads, they are different.
Of course they are different. But it is possible. And I know people who are already doing it. They want 1200 Еuro for a new landing plate and another 1000 Euro for a software upgrade. But I don’t want to pay that kind of money, especially since I myself can do a lot of things, but I still lack some information.

Jose Nilson

Of course they are different. But it is possible. And I know people who are already doing it. They want 1200 Еuro for a new landing plate and another 1000 Euro for a software upgrade. But I don’t want to pay that kind of money, especially since I myself can do a lot of things, but I still lack some information.
Agree Quote Reply

netsol

Premium Subscriber
taking just a minute or two to look at specs, it appears the native resolution is different.
one is 150 dpi and one is 300 dpi
doesn't seem practical

consider contacting the printhead doctor people in canada.
they take in some of the seiko and HIGH END hp heads for recovery
if you call, they will let you speak to vlad who can tell you how feasable it is to recover these heads

classicgameswi

taking just a minute or two to look at specs, it appears the native resolution is different.
one is 150 dpi and one is 300 dpi
doesn't seem practical

consider contacting the printhead doctor people in canada.
they take in some of the seiko and HIGH END hp heads for recovery
if you call, they will let you speak to vlad who can tell you how feasable it is to recover these heads

Actually, The native resolution is actually the same, just stated differently. the CA4 head is installed in pairs, with the alignment shifted so that the nozzles from each combine to be 300 dpi.

The CE4 is two heads in one package doing the same thing.

The issue is how to mirror the data going to the second head, as the paired head would be instaled 180 degrees off from what the printer is expecting.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
would it be as simple, then, as removing 1 head, rotating 180 degrees, reinstalling & aligning?
(you know, I LOVE making alignment jigs.

classicgameswi

would it be as simple, then, as removing 1 head, rotating 180 degrees, reinstalling & aligning?
(you know, I LOVE making alignment jigs.
Has to be done electronically, the ce4 hears are a pair of heads permanently bonded together. there is a guy in Ukraine that sells hacked software/ hard drive to do it, but have been waiting till i cant recover my heads any longer

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i am sure there are tons of ic chips for phase shifting, we use there all the time for video and color circuits
not sure what we would need to use as triggering or reference (what you change phase based on...)

classicgameswi

that wouldn't be the same ukranian who does the custom firmware for mutoh hybrids?
Not sure, if I could find a datasheet / pinout for the toshiba head, a PCB could be made to go inbetween the head and the carriage board. would accomplish the same thing more than likely.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
even if you did that thee data would be out of position, relative to the encoder pulses
kind of like how you would print if you switched ribbons on a (6) DX4 head machine, only much worse.
seems like positioning would be off by the width of the head, relative to the other print heads

classicgameswi

even if you did that thee data would be out of position, relative to the encoder pulses
kind of like how you would print if you switched ribbons on a (6) DX4 head machine, only much worse.
seems like positioning would be off by the width of the head, relative to the other print heads
That can be solved by the timing files in the printer, is calibrated by registry entries, and fine tuned with the scanner alignment utility.

I have already modified the printer heavily to get it to work again lol