• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Print for translucent digital prints

craigwojo

Hi everyone.
I have an Epson SC80600 printer. Really love this machine.
Looking for a way to get excellent translucent prints on (white) digital print adhesive vinyl. Is there a double-print option? Is there a way to add more ink to the print to make it look good when backlit? Is using too much ink not a good solution?

Thank you and God bless,
Craig

Superior_Adam

The only problem with dumping more ink is it will look dark during the day. There is not real good solution for that outside of printing it normal on the 1st surface then printing second surface on clear. Registration is tough this way though. Or find your self a wholesale printer that can print color/white/color and call it a day. That is how we do ours and it looks great.

Jean Shimp

The only problem with dumping more ink is it will look dark during the day. There is not real good solution for that outside of printing it normal on the 1st surface then printing second surface on clear. Registration is tough this way though. Or find your self a wholesale printer that can print color/white/color and call it a day. That is how we do ours and it looks great.
Do you mind telling us who is your wholesaler that can do this? If you do use a wholesaler, that is. Thanks

signheremd

We print onto clear vinyl and apply and onto white translucent and apply over that. This gives you daytime look of a single pass of color (just as you see it) and at night the passes through both layers which richens up the color. It is not hard to align the two layers

Lindsey

Not A New Member
I print on translucent white and apply to the face of the plexi. Then I print again on clear (in reverse/mirrored) and apply that to the 2nd surface (backside) of the plexi. The colour looks correct during the day. Vibrant at night. My colleague has a printer with white ink, and he prints 1 layer of the design, then floods it with white ink, and then prints a 2nd layer (3 layers of ink all on the same media) and it looks really nice that way too.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use Onyx to increase the color/saturation in the RIP itself. We have certain percentages we use regularly for things like this. You will have to experiment as your ink & color profiles are different, but 35% might be a good place to start.

mim

0_o
The way I do this with the s80600 is by making tick marks on the the printer for registration then printing as I regularly do, waiting for it to dry, reversing it to line back up with the tick marks and printing it again with white behind the print. So it ends up being a color-white-color layered print. I'm sure there's a better way but I haven't found it yet and it's not something I do often. If the print is large then I just print on laminate or clear vinyl and on white translucent material and layer the prints on the face.

darinmcd

Premium Subscriber
I print it on clear color/white/color. I never found a way to do a day/night print without the white ink