• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double sided banner printing on HP Latex 800W

DeeDBLu

Wondering if anybody has tried to print double sided banners on HP's Latex 800W printer. I use to operate the 570 and it had the ability to automatically align the two sides of the banner via the black registration bar printed in front of the first sided printed. The 800W seemingly doesn't have this option and I am at a loss for how to get the alignment right manually. Anybody have any tips?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Before you hit print, make a mark on the banner to match some point of the printer. When it comes out, measure the distance between the print and your mark.
After it's done printing make the mark on the other end on both sides and same distance. Then before you start printing the b-side, move the material/mark to the same spot as a-side.
Reverse print the job. But be vary, if you have some marginals to count them as well.

It's not easy and expect a fair amount of offset...

Last edited:

stickerhed

I'm having issues with my 700 and banner material. What material are you using and what profile? I'm using Duratex 13oz Gloss Banner

Kyle May

I'm having issues with my 700 and banner material. What material are you using and what profile? I'm using Duratex 13oz Gloss Banner
I just returned two defective rolls of the same product for issues on my 700. Lot # 1819607. Hit me up if you want to compare notes.

DeeDBLu

I'm using Argent 13oz Gloss banner material, I typically try to profile my media from scratch. For some reason the 54" rolls get a lot of vertical banding but the 63" roll i tried worked fine. I also had no issues with the Argent 13oz Matte banner material. I was thinking about switching to Duratex but from the sounds of it it might not be much better.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm using Argent 13oz Gloss banner material, I typically try to profile my media from scratch. For some reason the 54" rolls get a lot of vertical banding but the 63" roll i tried worked fine. I also had no issues with the Argent 13oz Matte banner material. I was thinking about switching to Duratex but from the sounds of it it might not be much better.
If you get vertical banding or vertical distortion you should always introduce a advance value to the profile.
It will usually fix it.

DeeDBLu

If you get vertical banding or vertical distortion you should always introduce a advance value to the profile.
It will usually fix it.
definitely have introduced an advance value, also running with no vacuum. I'm attaching a pic for reference of both the advance plot and the print.

Attachments

• PXL_20220330_171143729.jpg
    PXL_20220330_171143729.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 167
  • PXL_20220330_171838370.jpg
    PXL_20220330_171838370.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 158

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Upsie, I meant horizontal banding. My bad.

That is definately fucked up. Not normal.
It would not be impossible that your trailing cable is gone bad. Maybe not but that is strange.

I don't know.

Last edited:

DeeDBLu

I'm only having this issue with one type of media. My 13oz Gloss banner material, 54" roll. The 63" roll runs fine, the 54" matte runs fine. I'm just going to use the 63" for now until I can figure this out. I live in Bermuda where we have little to no tech support/ service for these machines.