• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

downgrade firmware mimaki cjv30: from 3.3 to 2.2

Turci

Hi to all!!
How can I downgrade the firmware of my plotter mimaki cjv30?
Summary:
Two months ago i turned off the machine while it was printing at the end of the day. It was running with firmware 1.1
The day after it did not turn on :covereyes:.
My local dealer helped me, via phone,e to put some parameter (I didn't remember what type...:Oops:)
we resurrected the plotter :notworthy:.
But... he upgraded the firmware to 3.3. (He knew i had a non OEM print head on the machine...)
The plotter now turn on , but it can only cut...
I had the terrible :frustrated: "error 202".

The local dealer, obviously, recommended me to buy e new printhead (€ 2150.00 +VAT).
He said: "downgrade is impossible!" :noway:

I tried in these days, with the FWUpdateTool3 to downgrade, I have all the firmware from 1.1 to 3.3, but the plotter tell me "error command".
End of summary :)

Is possible to make the downgrade? I read on this forum that someone has done it, but I can't understand how!
Thanks a lot for your precious time:notworthy::notworthy:

Excuse for my terrifying english :Oops:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You used to be able to downgrade the firmware but once you upgrade to a certain version, there is a block in place that prevents you from doing it. I'm sure there is a Russian hacker out there who has figured out how to do it but as far as I have seen, you can't anymore.

kensign

HI, How are you .We have the same mimaki cjv 30. I have been searching for the the firmware from 1.1 to 3.3 and FWUpdateTool3. Would u mind to share with me and I am going to have a try to downgrade, My is 3.00 version now.
my email signtech@shaw.ca Thanks very much..

pete2803

HI, How are you .We have the same mimaki cjv 30. I have been searching for the the firmware from 1.1 to 3.3 and FWUpdateTool3. Would u mind to share with me and I am going to have a try to downgrade, My is 3.00 version now.
my email signtech@shaw.ca Thanks very much..
Hi, did you manage to sort this problem and go back to an earlier version than 3.0?i have a similar problem and need an older firmware version below 3.0 looking for 2.2 if i can find it, thanks.