• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DPI Question

Bill Preston

:thankyou: Just like to send a big "thank you" to George (geb) for the tip on reducing nodes. I found it worked very well, and the step can be repeated if the number of nodes is still too high. Also found that a sweep select can be done in a small area of the whatever--as in a tight radius within a letter---and just the selected area will be node-reduced.

Sure made what I was working on a lot easier to fix.

Thanx again, George.

bill preston

Gazzz

I recreate all my artwork by hand via the Bezier tool... There must be an easier way... Corel Trace really sucks. I'll try this streamline thing!

ChiknNutz

I also found a tool hidden in Corel that doesn't automatically show up on any toolbar. It is called Auto-reduce Curve and after selecting desired nodes (either one by one, window or all) you hit this and with surprising results, will substantially reduce nodes w/o ruining the graphic (seems like it leaves all cusp points to maintain direction changes in a graphic). It will sometimes take away too many, but I've found if it does, just undo, then start window selecting areas and doing the auto-reduce. You can find this by going into Tools, Customization, Commands and then to All (show all items) and scroll down until you see it. By default it is not on any menu, so you just have to create a toolbar for it or add it to an existing one.

Greg

GraphiXtreme said:
I also found a tool hidden in Corel that doesn't automatically show up on any toolbar. It is called Auto-reduce Curve and after selecting desired nodes (either one by one, window or all) you hit this and with surprising results, will substantially reduce nodes w/o ruining the graphic (seems like it leaves all cusp points to maintain direction changes in a graphic). It will sometimes take away too many, but I've found if it does, just undo, then start window selecting areas and doing the auto-reduce. You can find this by going into Tools, Customization, Commands and then to All (show all items) and scroll down until you see it. By default it is not on any menu, so you just have to create a toolbar for it or add it to an existing one.

Cool! I found it (wonder why I never knew it was there) but when I created the menu bar its tiny and unreadable. Must be a customize menu someplace.

So, I created a text object, contoured it and the broke the contour. Once that was done I used the "Shape" tool, selected the entire contour, then merely clicked the new menu item and it did a great job cleaning it up! I didn't see any way to tweak the "Auto-Reduce" function. I also need to figure out where to edit the menu item it created.

Thanks for the tip!