• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Dry Erase Acrylic

CanuckSigns

We use standard clear acrylic as dry erase all the time, a local hospital has a bunch of posters they write on every day, we reverse print vinyl and apply it to the back, they use dry erase markers on it daily, no issues after 3 years.

Emd2kick

-I don’t think there is an optically clear dry erase laminate, not to mention I can buy dry erase acrylic from harbor....I’m just looking for an additional source.

-Regular acrylic eventually gets permanent ghosting when written on repeatedly. It has something to do with pores and scratching etc.

So let try this again. Just looking for another source for this material, any other suggestions are not needed.

bigben

-Regular acrylic eventually gets permanent ghosting when written on repeatedly. It has something to do with pores and scratching etc.

I confirm this. I've used plenty of acrylic sheet as dry erase and 60% of them will eventually gets permanent ghosting. Other than glass, I did not found another clear rigid substrate that would work

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Acrylic works great...

We printed on the back with our flatbed and mounted to the wall

Attachments

• 99F943F2-4B50-431A-A8FA-27FB575EFC8B.jpeg
    99F943F2-4B50-431A-A8FA-27FB575EFC8B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 153

tooler82

I know for sure they make dry erase vinyl, but it’s not cheap. I’ve had to make several calendars to hang in people’s office, military high ups love these, but I found wet erase works best. I make a frame, print the calendar on vinyl, stick it to a piece of thin aluminum, and mount a piece of plexi on the front. They use wet erase on the plexi