• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dry Erase Wall Graphics - Ideas ETC

tylercrum

One of our sales reps brought this potential job to me today and I figured I'd ask for some expert advice before I do what I do.
We have an ad agency that has a bunch of walls that are painted with dry erase paint, but they don't like it for various reasons etc. So they are wanting us to wrap the walls with dry erase graphics. Sales rep is telling me it's going to be $100,000+ worth of wall graphics. Not sure where she got that number since she only measured 1 of the 45ish, different sized walls, and we've not worked up a quote...she can be a bit of a story teller...but I digress. There will be graphics printed on the walls so my initial thought was to just print on a wall film, laminate with GF Concept 111 and install. Wanted to ask, before we roll with that plan, if there is anything in the dry erase wall graphic world that I'm not privy to. I'm open to ideas, thoughts etc. thanks

AKwrapguy

One of our sales reps brought this potential job to me today and I figured I'd ask for some expert advice before I do what I do.
We have an ad agency that has a bunch of walls that are painted with dry erase paint, but they don't like it for various reasons etc. So they are wanting us to wrap the walls with dry erase graphics. Sales rep is telling me it's going to be $100,000+ worth of wall graphics. Not sure where she got that number since she only measured 1 of the 45ish, different sized walls, and we've not worked up a quote...she can be a bit of a story teller...but I digress. There will be graphics printed on the walls so my initial thought was to just print on a wall film, laminate with GF Concept 111 and install. Wanted to ask, before we roll with that plan, if there is anything in the dry erase wall graphic world that I'm not privy to. I'm open to ideas, thoughts etc. thanks

We would do the same, probably print onto 3m180cv3 and laminate with dry erase lam. Do a wall test and make sure material will work first as the variable is going to be the paint.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We did this for a customer, but they had very textured walls. We had them bring in a painter, sand down all the walls and primer them. Then went over them with dry erase lam on top of wall vinyl. As far as I know it worked well.

AKwrapguy

I agree. I'm not super excited about how this will turn out but...

Why not sell them 4x8 sheets of di-bond ( or whatever brand you prefer) laminate the whole thing in dry erase lam, mount it using stand off's. Maybe look at placing a steel sheet behind the di-bond on the upper half so they could use magnets as well.

ikarasu

IIRC vinyl won't stick to dry erase paint. We had one job where we were going over dry erase paint and we ended up having to repaint the wall. Not a huge deal, but I'd do a wall test before giving them a quote.

Aslan sells a matte dry erase overlam. Never used it... They're kind of "new" to North America, but big in Europe .we've used a few of their other products and they've been great so far.

tylercrum

look into anti graffiti lam. holds up much better over time, works the same when used as a dry erase with much less ghosting
Awesome. Thanks! I'll look into it.

Why not sell them 4x8 sheets of di-bond ( or whatever brand you prefer) laminate the whole thing in dry erase lam, mount it using stand off's. Maybe look at placing a steel sheet behind the di-bond on the upper half so they could use magnets as well.
Yeah, I attempted to bring up doing something different, but this particular sales rep lacks the imagination for this job, to be honest. I'm going to keep attempting to sway this job in a different direction so we'll see.

I appreciate all the advice! thanks everyone

AKwrapguy

Yeah, I attempted to bring up doing something different, but this particular sales rep lacks the imagination for this job, to be honest. I'm going to keep attempting to sway this job in a different direction so we'll see.

So I'm not sure if it's in your wheel house or not but could you do a quick mock up so that they could bring it to the client?

2B

when we have done a project with dry-erase we ALWAYS suggest that the OEM vis-à-vis markers are used.
the EXPO brand leaves ghosts and not as good for long-term