• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Dry Erease laminate wrinkles over time

Andrea_neon

Help! We make a lot of personalized whiteboards by printing the graphics in HP latex 335 and then laminating with Dry Erease laminate 111 from General Formulations. The problem is that 1 out of 3 whiteboards get wrinkles over time, we often use steel or pvc as the rigid material underneath. Mostly the whiteboards are in offices or production sites so they get no direct sunlight.

Someone knows if we are doing something wrong? is it the laminate? Here's a photo
upload_2020-12-8_17-47-6.png

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
If you are using Gator board and non-plastic board, you may be experiencing air being blocked by the polyester dry erase OL not being able to "breath"

CanuckSigns

I had this happen when prints are rolled up after laminating, I had about 50 feet of prints to laminate with dry erase, when I took them off the take up roll on our laminator they were all garbage. My supplier got a very angry phone call from me that day!

I switched to a dry erase laminate from drytac and it fixed the issue. I believe the film we had issues with was a general formulations film as well.

Andrea_neon

I had this happen when prints are rolled up after laminating, I had about 50 feet of prints to laminate with dry erase, when I took them off the take up roll on our laminator they were all garbage. My supplier got a very angry phone call from me that day!

I switched to a dry erase laminate from drytac and it fixed the issue. I believe the film we had issues with was a general formulations film as well.

Thanks! I'll try with the Drytac, I'm tired and frustrated of throwing all the work away because of wrinkles :S

Andrea_neon

If you are using Gator board and non-plastic board, you may be experiencing air being blocked by the polyester dry erase OL not being able to "breath"

I'm using plastic boards and sometimes steel sheet, that's why I don't understand whats going on. Everything seems fine when we deliver and a few weeks later we get the call....

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Help! We make a lot of personalized whiteboards by printing the graphics in HP latex 335 and then laminating with Dry Erease laminate 111 from General Formulations. The problem is that 1 out of 3 whiteboards get wrinkles over time, we often use steel or pvc as the rigid material underneath. Mostly the whiteboards are in offices or production sites so they get no direct sunlight.

Someone knows if we are doing something wrong? is it the laminate? Here's a photo View attachment 150654
I'm not familiar with the 111 laminate, but we had that problem a number of years ago using the real thin cheap looking dry erase laminates. Since switching to Avery anti graffiti, we have never had a problem. It is quite a bit more expensive though.