• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dst to pes

JoshLoring

Hey guys. My mom has some fancy embroidery machines at her house and I want to give her the opportunity to knock some shirts out for me.
I have a DST and EMB file but need a PES.

Can anyone here convert this for me/her?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Grab Wilcom TrueSizer

http://www.wilcom.com/en-us/products/truesizerproducts.aspx

The free version works great. The Pro version gives you some other nice goodies like being able to modify all the colors and a few more things. I got the Pro version when they beta texted it for cheap but I'd still pay $100 for it but we do a good bit of embroidery.

Grab the free version (desktop) has a lot more than the web version but I think both can convert files for you. Just open the file, on the open file dialog change the dropdown menu "Files of Type" to "show all files" (it will warn that it is not a native file when you open the dst), then do save as and pick whatever type you want. The colors on screen will be all wrong and random. That really does not mean anything as almost no commercial embroidery file types have embedded color information. We have a Brother machine and in my experience it does better with Tajima files than it does with its own native pes files. That being said - a native pes file can have the colors assigned to it. That is not going to happen with any format conversion though. So if your mom is wanting a pes format so it will show her the correct colors on the screen on her machine then someone would need to open the file with an editor that can assign colors and then save the file in the Brother (Babylock) specific pes format with the color data. If someone does it this way they would also need to know what the correct colors should be.

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

If you grab the Wilcom True Sizer, then use the EMB file (Wilcom's native format). That should already have the correct colors (if not your mom should also have a stitch chart that shows the color/sequence) already assigned. The DST will not. The PES format is to my knowledge the only format that retains color functions. That's a double edged sword for the Brother multi-needle machines, even how it applies to DST files as well. If I recall though, your mom has the single needle sewing/embroidery machine (if I recall your previous thread correctly). If it's one of the more expensive sewing/embroidery machines, she should be able to handle DST files just fine. Just won't have the colors. If it's a mid range on down, chances are it has to have the PES format.

Bare in mind, while the EMB format is an embroidery vector format (if it's a true EMB file) and can be scaled a lot more then a raw stitch file (DST, PES etc), some areas might need to be redigitized to correctly do the new fills (run to satin to fill etc). So don't get overzealous with scaling it too much up or down. This is assuming that it's a true EMB file and not someone just importing a DST file and saving it as an EMB (akin to taking a jpg into a blank Ai file and saving it as an Ai file).

I do use the full version of Wilcom, so if you get stuck with the True Sizer program let me know and I'll try to help.