• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DTG Express

Large Format

We have an opportunity to acquire an DTG Express with 12 seats. It is am eight color unit with four white refillable cartridges. Does anybody have any expearence with this t-shirt printer?

mark galoob

run away from this...the dtg world is having major heartburn with white ink. its going to cost you 40-50k to get into a dtg printer that will realiably print white with no hassel...

mark galoob

kico-abaco

run away from this...the dtg world is having major heartburn with white ink. its going to cost you 40-50k to get into a dtg printer that will realiably print white with no hassel...

What is the main difference between those who have problems with white and those who do not have these problems? Ink chemical formula, printing technology...?

WildWestDesigns

What is the main difference between those who have problems with white and those who do not have these problems? Ink chemical formula, printing technology...?

I think it has to do with the print heads and the titanium oxide(or something like that) in the white ink. It just doesn't like to sit for periods of time.

tcorn1965

We had two T-Jet jumbo 2's setup to print white. That was a nightmare...White would dry in lines, in print heads if not used constantly, we now only have 1 t-jet and I have cleaning solution in white tank only. We now do all our white on dark printing on the Kornit breeze. It does an awesome print, with no ill effects from the white ink. But it is also a $50,000.00 machine.

Terry

WDP

Yup our Brother printers print white and fast with very little issue if any at all.

signage

If you print enough white through the Epson converted printers there is now a better ink delivery system out their!

Graphics2u

I thought DTG had some recirculation system that virtually solved the problem??? Or was that just salesman talk?

signage

That circulation is just a salesman's talk, what has been done that has seemed to help more was to have the ink degassed filtered and placed in a sealed bag! The recirculation pump only keeps the titanium from settling out, not the evaporation!

tcorn1965

If you print enough white through the Epson converted printers there is now a better ink delivery system out their!

Signage...No disrespect...There is no converted Epson out there that will not cause you a 90 day replacement of heads, lines, etc...The T-Jets are epson 7900's. There are sales people that will tell you that their converted system will do that magic act, that is a joke (does not happen nor ever will, not with the current technology, unless the DTG printer is designed for that from the ground up, like the Brother or Kornit), your DTG (white on dark) orders will never be acceptable to customers, so not profitable. I get what you say, thats why I said in my earlier post they need to be used constantly. The head cleanings you have do to make it work if it has been sitting for a while (less than 24 hrs) on white print, will cost enough in ink waste from the head cleanings, that it is just not worth it.
If you have found something that negates my experience please share... Like I said no disrespect intended.

Thanks Signange,

Terry

signage

Well I have had my machine since 2008 and have only gone through one head! It was mt fault I let the printer sit for 4 weeks without using it! Mine is an Epson 2200!

binki

You want to see the thing running and printing. If the owner will not show that then you need to get a quote from swfmesa on a complete refurb. For my money if it isn't running it is scrap metal.

mark galoob

There are instances of the converted epsons working and I've heard good things about the new bagged ink systems. I would not bet my money on it though...maybe in a couple of years when the tech stabilizes a bit...

Mark galoob

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Well I have had my machine since 2008 and have only gone through one head! It was mt fault I let the printer sit for 4 weeks without using it! Mine is an Epson 2200!

i got the same model and went through about three heads in a year and half....most of the problems were caused by the instructions/training given by the supplier....

after doing some research and switching to a bulk ink system i haven't had any problems (other then routine maintenance/repair)...i do three to four head cleanings and get a perfect nozzle check....