• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DTG Needed...Please

Sign_Boy

I have a client that needs some shirts but they will most likely need to be DTG.

Can anyone here help?

Thank you in advance.

Sign_Boy

All Star - I'm not familiar with the brother.

AAG - You always have a ton of work :thumb: send some my way :Big Laugh

Sticker Dude

brother is awesome gt541? the work i seen between the 2 is night and day I know a guy that has both He loves the brother better

rcook99

I found this on Brothers Q&A site.

Q. What color of garments can it print on?
A.We can print on white and many light or pastel color shirts, additionally some dark color shirts as well.

WDP

OK I stand corrected but what does SOME DARK COLOR SHIRTS mean?
Can you explain what they mean by this statement. I would have thought without the white ink to underbase your print you would not be able to print darks as the shirt would show thru.

rcook99

WDP

The reason I said that was because my DTG guy has the Brother and the DTG brand and he even told me he couldn't print on darks. He uses the DTG for darks. I will say the Brother is very impressive compared to the DTG machine. Do you underbase your darks? I had some gold hoodies printed with black and the print was some what translucent and the customer denied them for that reason.

WDP

Do you underbase your darks? I had some gold hoodies printed with black and the print was some what translucent

Yes we under base darks. Sometimes you can get away with printing a darker color on a lighter( say a yellow) shirt were you think you might need white ink. We can do either.
Cost is also a bit different. One thing is important t remember, your cliet must understand that you are not screenprinting. Though are clients prefer DTG we always let them know the difference. Some clients can't tell the difference or quite often prefer the DTG instead.