• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dual monitor question

TammieH

Also, not sure about Corel Draw, but I assume you can do the same as in Illustrator, (I believe this is a Windows Feature)
Open a file in illustrator shrink the window by half or whatever you like,
next open another file "creating a Tab of course. Next, simply click the tab and drag it out of the main Illy window. Now you can easily drag and drop objects

Attachments

• drag tab out of Main Illustrator window.jpg
    drag tab out of Main Illustrator window.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 145

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
TammieH said:
Also, not sure about Corel Draw, but I assume you can do the same as in Illustrator, (I believe this is a Windows Feature)

Adobe Illustrator has had the capability to move documents (as well as palettes and toolbars) outside the program window and even onto additional monitors for a long time. I think this goes back as far as the 1990's. IIRC, even the last couple or so Windows versions of Macromedia Freehand supported this behavior. It's a more recent development with CorelDRAW.

Although Windows supports applications that allow users to "tear off" and move application elements outside of the parent window it's not a mandatory feature for applications made to run on Windows. I've encountered many Windows applications that would not allow anything to display outside of the application window. UI elements would either butt-up against the application window border or start disappearing under the border. The MacOS (both "classic" and OSX) has had a longer tradition of allowing documents and UI elements to flow outside the application window's borders and multiple monitors.

OADesign

why copy and paste?

IMO too much extra work
open the source file, make the edits as needed and SAVE AS for the new filename

^ This.

Or maybe I'm missing something from OP. What I do in Flexi and illustrator (with a couple extra steps), I assume Corel supports this work flow too. Maybe. Maybe not.
Open destination document, locate source doc in file explorer (not file open dialog). Drag source into destination doc.