• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dull Colors with VP-540i and Flexipro 8.6

smiley

Can someone could give me some suggestions, I am working with a VP-540i and Flexipro 8.6 and my colors on banner material seem to be very dull. Does anyone know how I can get them to be alot brighter?
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!:thankyou:

Just my opinion, but most users seem to get better and more vibrant colors from the Versaworks RIP. It also has color setups that are designed for color pop (Max Impact color management preset for example).

smiley

I am using glossy banner material, profile is generic banner on flexi and using Print Craft pro fill suites. Hope this makes sense and thank you for you response. I know you said to send it to Versa works and use color setups, so I will try that also.

smiley

Colin,
I have used them all because I have a hard time matching colors sometime in flexi. Do you think I'm chosing something wrong?

smiley

Oh, one more thing when I use the preset fills I haven't messed with the color it gives, should I add something to make it brighter? Again thanks for your help!!!!

Colin

I'm still unclear; Have you printed off the Roland color swatch, and then applying the Roland colors to your vectors? The Roland color codes are like: RVW-PR23K for example.

thewvsignguy

I would try the same profile that you use for your gloss vinyl. Just remember to adjust your heat. I'll assume that your colors are more to your liking using adhesive backed vinyl. I would also try to get a profile from whomever makes your banner material, I'm pretty sure that they have gotten closer then just a generic flexi profile.

smiley

Thanks wvsignguy and I will try that---- Colin, I do use my colorswatch from roland, I guess my promblem is coming from when I have a fill like from Aurora Print Craft pro fills suite, when I print them onto my banner material ( not vinyl) it looks dull. I printed a banner last week with colors from my roland swatch table and it was dull. I'm not sure if I'm not adding something to my colors that I'm suppose. Hope this is more clear but either way Thanks for the time and help.

Colin

I guess my problem is coming from when I have a fill like from Aurora Print Craft pro fills suite, when I print them onto my banner material (not vinyl) it looks dull.

Hmmm, ya, who knows what they use on those fills.

I printed a banner last week with colors from my roland swatch table and it was dull.

You're sure that you had those Roland color codes applied? (like RVW-PR23K)

If so, and they printed dull & flat, then I suspect that it's the banner material or the wrong profile. I'm no expert on this though.