• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dull line on Gloss Media - defect

Custom_Grafx

Wondering if anyone has come across gloss media (I am facing this now with gloss white and clear), which has a dull line/area every foot or so. I am guessing it is in the same spot on the roll when it's rolled up, therefore assuming it's a storage problem at the distributor's warehouse?

Or is it a manufacturing defect?

Or... is it something to not worry about which goes away?

I can post a pic if required - let me know.

:thankyou:

Custom_Grafx

Bump.

I've confirmed that the spot is in the same location of the roll when wound up, which to me, says that something happened on that side of the media.

Anyone experienced/seen this before? I'm assuming that it's not normal and I should be entitled to replacement? I have seen it only once before and my supplier gave me a replacement roll... but just really curious as to what it is...

Is it something like a flat spot in storage? Or is it something at the manufacturing stage?

Am posting a photo... kinda hard to see but hoping it helps.

Attachments

• dull-line.jpg
    dull-line.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 76

SignosaurusRex

Pressure Bruise. It's been laying on its side at some point with the weight of the roll concentrating in one area throughout the roll.

Tony McD

When i was using mactac, it often came with these flat lines.
Bugged me at first, but a little heat and they went away.
Still shouldn't come in that way.

SignaramaFL

That isnt normal for it to come to you that way, i have never had an issue when getting my gloss from my vendor. Id return it.

CheapVehicleWrap

They longer you keep it the easier it is to blame on you. If you leave a full roll on your plotter feed rolls you'll have a double line. IJ380 will bruise if you leave the pinch rollers on in your printer in a very short time. Seems to me the thinner the vinyl the easier to bruise and the harder to remove.

MontereySigns

A "pressure bruise" is probably the best way to describe it. It's not common but does happen sometimes when the material isn't packaged/stored properly.

You have the right to return it. But if you can make it work it may be easier for everyone rather than going through returns and credits for a month. If you laminate the print it may not even show up.

-Bud

Custom_Grafx

A "pressure bruise" is probably the best way to describe it. It's not common but does happen sometimes when the material isn't packaged/stored properly.

You have the right to return it. But if you can make it work it may be easier for everyone rather than going through returns and credits for a month. If you laminate the print it may not even show up.

-Bud

Yeah if I can make it work then I prefer to save everyone the hassle. The problem is, this is on the laminate as well.

I was told I could try some heat on it by the supplier (another member above also suggested this), but it doesn't work 100%... it only helps very little, and I'm thinking even that is just placebo.

For the record (I didn't want to say any names but I've got the chits now so I will), the clear and the white are 3M IJ40.

Time to switch I think... again.