• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dumb Question

I have a dumbo question, if onyx quits will it cancel my print if I restart it? I just started a print that will run for 4 hours and my boss used onyx to send a different file to our flatbed printer, when he tried to rotate it, onyx quit. He then said, "I'm going to step away from the keyboard..." lol. I would rather not restart my print so I haven't tried to restart onyx, :p

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
good question... if it continues to print I don't see why restarting it would cancel it, but .... murphy's law.... Let us know what happens!
If it just started, might be worth a try if it hasn't wasted too much material yet.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If it already sent the previous job completely to the printer, it won't stop it.
Which is usually the case with flatbeds.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It depends on what printer you're using. Printers like most Mimaki, Roland, and Mutohs don't have a ton of onboard memory so they rely on the computer to feed it data constantly. Other printers have hard drives on board that make it so they don't need a constant stream.

good question... if it continues to print I don't see why restarting it would cancel it, but .... murphy's law.... Let us know what happens!
If it just started, might be worth a try if it hasn't wasted too much material yet.
will keep you posted, I was too chicken to press my luck. We're on the home stretch of the university job (the exterior of an elevator shaft and about 100 acrylic signs) that needs to be completed by 10/31, so every minute counts.

It depends on what printer you're using. Printers like most Mimaki, Roland, and Mutohs don't have a ton of onboard memory so they rely on the computer to feed it data constantly. Other printers have hard drives on board that make it so they don't need a constant stream.
HP Latex 570 and 500FB. I'm told we're getting a new computer for that station, it has been lagging and freezing.