• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Duplicate Printers Installed in Prod Mgr

Signstein

Good morning. I somehow lost my entire rip queue in Production Manager and now have another (duplicate) printer installed with an entirely new, empty queue. Not sure what happened, but at some point on Friday I happened to glance over and notice my entire screen re-draw itself and when it came back, my queue was empty. Now, this morning when I attempt to drag a new print file into the queue I get a little popup to choose which 'HP Latex 315 Printer' I want. What happened? Everything still works, so I'm able to keep printing, but I'd rather not have to keep choosing a printer. Plus I'm worried that I have another directory on my computer now with another whole set of folders for this other printer. Ugh...

Does anyone how/where Production Manager stores rip data? I'm thinking I can just drill down to where this duplicate printer has installed itself and just delete it?

Signstein

Yes, delete is an option in the dropdown, though now it looks like there's only one printer installed.

HPHP.JPG

If I have 'All' selected, Production Manager behaves as if there are two identical printers and gives me a popup to choose between them. If I have the printer selected, it behaves normally. Weird. And I also just noticed that it now says 'HP HP Latex'. It's like there's a ghost printer in there somewhere...