• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dust filtration unit

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Just wondering...For the companies out there with your install garage bay open to the rest of your shop, besides the obvious constant dusting and cleaning the tables and floors. Is there a recommended filtration unit anyone can recommend for keeping dust down to a minimum? My shop is clean but every sign and vehicle is tack cloth wiped down just before application and I still feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. I can't imagine adding PPF or tint.

johnnysigns

You can look up overhead dust vacs. Most woodworking supply places have them, but I always wondered if they'd kick up more dust just during their on and off cycles. I've definitely wrapped vehicles in dustier shops and we'd always wet the floor prior to any vinyl coming out.

rjssigns

box fan with AC filters

This ^^^^^

You can build a unit or two to suit your needs. Best thing would be to have separate clean room, or some type of curtain system like a body shop uses. Curtain system wouldn't stop all of it but I bet it would mitigate the problem.

victor bogdanov

i have one of these with the VOC filter, also available with HEPA

they have bigger units too

Capture.JPG