• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx2 printhead source

maynemag

I am having trouble finding a couple of printheads for my FJ-50. My usual source (encompass parts)is now saying that Epson is now controlling the sale of all their inkjet printheads and I will have to contact them directly. I really don't want to go through their recommended dealers because I know that what I usually pay for printheads will be doubled if not tripled in price. I have searched ebay but even there the price has gone up. I usually pay somewhere between $100-$125 per head. Anyone have a source where they get theirs?

mrfern

I am having trouble finding a couple of printheads for my FJ-50. My usual source (encompass parts)is now saying that Epson is now controlling the sale of all their inkjet printheads and I will have to contact them directly. I really don't want to go through their recommended dealers because I know that what I usually pay for printheads will be doubled if not tripled in price. I have searched ebay but even there the price has gone up. I usually pay somewhere between $100-$125 per head. Anyone have a source where they get theirs?

I have also seen this. I am purchasing a new pair from a Japan site I was told about. The reference used them first hand and had no issue with the print heads. 150 is the price. If 10 or more are ordered then the price goes down to 140 per head. I will try 2 and then order at least 3 sets. Seems like these parts are getting harder and harder to come by.

pm me if you want the site. not sure I can post it here..

mrfern :notworthy:

Mochistlan

what kind of ink can you use on DX 2 print head

hello guys, I friend of mine has a roland printer, I believe is colorcamm, he bought the printer in 1999-2000, the print head is not DX-4, the printer is in good condition, he has never use it. I believe that is DX2 print head, but what kind of ink do you need, eco-solvent ink?
I hope someone can help me.

Gabriel

Those printers were conceived to print with water-based inks(sublimation), but you can convert it to eco-sol inks. You will have to replace some parts.