• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dx5 print head

blancobricks

Hello I am looking for advice on dx5 print heads, I have a mimaki jv33 and a mimaki cjv30 . Both need te print heads replaced. I have found some for around 2000 cad but I only have 1600 Cad to spend at the moment. I want to buy a good quality one but would really like to be able to get it for 1600 or less if anyone can point me in the right direction … thank you so much

humberto s

make sure to clean very well new printhead before use new motoh iks ms31 .

Smoke_Jaguar

Digiprint is a great resource, when they have the parts, they tend to be the best domestic price. DX5's are getting pretty scarce, especially solvent ones. If it were for an Epson, I have about 20 of the damn things kicking around. If it has an intact nozzle plate, give flushing a try. If the cleaner moves from one port to the other, the plate's lost adhesion. I've had decent luck with the remanufactured Chinese ones (gold nozzle plate usually), but they're usually not as good as new old stock.

If you haven't ordered them already, get new dampers.

netsol

Digiprint is a great resource, when they have the parts, they tend to be the best domestic price. DX5's are getting pretty scarce, especially solvent ones. If it were for an Epson, I have about 20 of the damn things kicking around. If it has an intact nozzle plate, give flushing a try. If the cleaner moves from one port to the other, the plate's lost adhesion. I've had decent luck with the remanufactured Chinese ones (gold nozzle plate usually), but they're usually not as good as new old stock.

If you haven't ordered them already, get new dampers.
we have had pretty good results withnthe chinese knockoff of printhead doctor for flushing.
the real trick seems to be, flush CAREFULLY, with low pressure BEFORE the head is damaged.

adding a small aquarium heater to the mix adds temperature control

vlad, who developed printhead doctor has quite an assortment of "recovery fluids" on the website

mbasch

I'd stay away from digiprint-supplies. My experience with them was a nightmare and ultimately costs me about 3k. We ordered a printhead and they sent me 2 printheads and charged me for both. When I returned the one I didn't order, they refused to give me a refund and would only give me a credit for future purchases. I tried to use that for a button machine setup. They only shipped about 2/3 of the kit and told me they couldn't get the remaining pieces to make it work but also refused to tell me who the manufacturer was so I could get the parts to make it work. That said, they did get bought out by the same private equity group that now owns Lexjet so maybe they have changed their ways. I just would never do business with them again.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
we have had pretty good results withnthe chinese knockoff of printhead doctor for flushing.
the real trick seems to be, flush CAREFULLY, with low pressure BEFORE the head is damaged.

adding a small aquarium heater to the mix adds temperature control

vlad, who developed printhead doctor has quite an assortment of "recovery fluids" on the website
I believe the official spec is 3 lbs of pressure.

Last edited: