• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dx7 printhead fault / static / voltage???? HELP!!!!

lee a

Hi Folks,
I have had this fault for quite a while now. It was only really noticeable on particular shades of blue but now it is over the fill range of colours and greys. It's as if the printhead isnt putting out enough of ink. It tends to happen on equal intervals such as 6.5cm apart.
When it was just the shades of blue, I ended up changing the ink tubes incase of blockages or kinks. The ink has been changed, dampers repeatedly, even tried to widen the holes in the manifold, though it is made from a bakealite type material and very brittle.
I am using a chinese machine that jailbreaks the coded printhead through its own software.
I am waiting on a second hand printhead arriving tomorrow which should hopefully help if it is a printhead problem.
Has anyone come across this before?
Thank you

Attachments

• DSC_0411.jpg
    DSC_0411.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC_0410.jpg
    DSC_0410.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC_0412.jpg
    DSC_0412.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC_0413.jpg
    DSC_0413.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 395

n893

grounding cable...

do you have proper grounding cable attach properly? chinese dx7 machine seems very sensitive with grounding and static voltage...

lee a

grounding cable

I've only really had a bit of a botchup grounding cable, crocodile clip, copper wire and a 4" steel nail... any suggestions on a good grounding cable? Does this seem like ints not earthed properly? At present I have 68% room humidity and 21 degrees C

n893

thick cooper wire and about 1m cooper 1cm diameter pole... and stick it to the ground... and make some grounding from diffrent point of your machine.

n893

im not sure where to get it in your area... but we can buy it at building material store here... and make sure your machine is completely turn of and unplug before you install the new head...

lee a

pic

im not sure where to get it in your area... but we can buy it at building material store here... and make sure your machine is completely turn of and unplug before you install the new head...

By Any chance would you have a pic of yours, I have visions of making mine a bit of a maypole, thanks so much

lee a

printhead

22mm copper pipe ordered and 1.5mm copper wire also. Will be beating it into the ground tonight here. Just out of curiosity, did you ever try the copper wire and magnets above and below the paper before it runs into the printhead /cutter. I'm only using vinyl and laminate, the laminate laterly has been really static as it comes off the backing paper. Do you think the printhead is totally knackered now or if the static is eliminated, could it be used?
Thanks again for your help

n893

Not try that yet... usually vinyl not static... im using ritrama and not get any static problems from it... when using pvc sometime we got the static problems, so we place cooper wire on top of the material at the rear printing bed (before it hit the pinch roll) from printer body to printer body... sometimes it help. But with your humidity i'm not sure... in jakarta will ac on etc we still get above 80% humidity... btw do you run fast feed fast head movement mode to print? Chinese dx7 get short life time if u use fast fast.

n893

I think your current print head can still be use for few meters print with slow feed and slow head movement mode... its getting blur like that because the membrane inside it crack... usually because of time and usage... but not proper grounding can be real problems to make it crack... i got lots of problems same like yours when still using chinese dx engine...

lee a

software

Would u believe it... i put the copper pipe in the ground, all earthed from 4 different main points and still the same. I ran an extended usb cable to a different oc and ran the software... print wasnt so bad, so i formatted the standalone pc for the printer, reloaded xp and the software and low and behold, it's like a brand new printer... i personally blame c cleaner... NEVER EVER use it... I should have known better,
Thanks again for your help in the matter, heres to working late to catch up on jobs that should have been out on Friday :)

n893

glad to hear that...Hope it run smooth and not making trouble again... maybe the printer just need some love n care... hehehehe