• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dye Sublimation Heat Press

Donna Argueta

Does anyone use an automatic pop up heat press, like the Dual Air Fusion IQ for dye sublimation? I was wondering if it causes the print to move when it pops of and makes the print look ghosted.

cornholio

This can happen on every press. To eliminate this, use a paper treated with hot glue. You need to remove it, while still hot, but under the sublimation temperature.

mfatty500

I took the magnet off of my Stahls Hotronix for that very reason, it seems like it creates a vacuum when it releases. I now use my George Knight DK20s, but still use the Stahls for other projects.

amw

Longtime Members
We have an auto open from George knight and yes it will move it. You could use a light spray of a temp adhesive to tack it in place if you need to. One our manual open presses the paper can move if you open it to fast as well.
Most people do not use auto open presses for dyesub (unless your talking about larger sizes).

Donna Argueta

Thank you for the information. We have an old 1990ish Hotronix heat press. She's my old faithful. I didn't want to spend the money to get a new one, if it was going to be a hassel. We use Beaver Paper TexPrinte Supreme TT 92 GSM Adhesive paper for our apparel orders

spb

✨鞄➕
Does anyone use an automatic pop up heat press, like the Dual Air Fusion IQ for dye sublimation? I was wondering if it causes the print to move when it pops of and makes the print look ghosted.
You can use sublimation-friendly spray adhesive or tacky sublimation paper (which has heat-activated glue that doesn't interfere with the dye) to prevent ghosting.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I know that this is a little older thread but auto open presses are great for sublimation as long as you're using tacky paper. Even manual presses will sometimes shift the transfer when raised. If you're on a smaller dye sub printer I'm not sure if tacky paper is available but it's a game changer once you use it. You could also try pro-spray etc to add some tack to your paper but there's nothing like using tacky paper to print fabric.

When my employees complain about sublimation I always think back to the "old days..." when dye sub ink was $1000 a liter and no one had figured out foam pads or tacky paper yet.

greysquirrel

are you pressing rigid or fabric. If rigid you should be taping transfer to product on one side. The craft paper you place on top should hold everything from moving when opening but you do want to remove quickly. If yo are talking fabric, then I would suggest you buy epson's transfer paper that has a tick to it. Works great.

Donna Argueta

We mostly do shirts, very little rigid. I do use the tacky paper for apparel though. Thank you for all the information, we just didn't want to spend the money on a new press if we were going to have issues. Now for the boss to get me a new ordered!