• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E074 ERR CR2 CURRENT

hotboxdp

I'm getting this error a few days after changing the maintenance station on my 1204. I read all the previous posts.
I've cleaned everything possible including the encoder sensor and checked all connections.
When I power up the print head starts to initialize and moves back towards home position and stops with the error.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If the encoder strip is clean, check the catch just to the left of the maintenance station that locks the head over the cap top. It is attached to a sheet metal strip that is easy to bend. If it is just a little bent the printer will throw up that error when it runs into it. It needs to be straight up to work.
If that doesn't work you might need to change the encoder strip. Doesn't take much to make it unreliable. A little scratch or some light ink mist will do it.

hotboxdp

If the encoder strip is clean, check the catch just to the left of the maintenance station that locks the head over the cap top. It is attached to a sheet metal strip that is easy to bend. If it is just a little bent the printer will throw up that error when it runs into it. It needs to be straight up to work.
If that doesn't work you might need to change the encoder strip. Doesn't take much to make it unreliable. A little scratch or some light ink mist will do it.
I tried everything but still get the error. Finally I reinstalled the old maintenance station and it works fine. Just to be sure I installed the new station and again got the error. Defective maintenance station. Waiting for Mutoh to send a replacement.

netsol

there were no parts that are supposed to be transferred from old maintenance station to the new one?

look at item 7 carefully

netsol

then it sounds like that sensor mentioned in item 7 should be your issue

if you feel adventurous, you could see how much trouble it would be to swap the part
(if it looks like you could spend half a day adjusting the positioning, forget i said anything )