• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E074Err YCurrent Error on Rockhopper 38

wsc777

Having problems with My Mutoh Rockhopper 38...

When i try a nozzle jet test the print head will go to the left like it's measuring the media and it does that fine, then the print head returns to the the right and then runs all the way to the left side and slams against the side of the printer and gives the E074Err YCurrent Error message. We have cleaned the the encoder strip, cleaned the rails and checked the motor(its not slipping). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone knows of a good place to get replacement parts for these printers please let me know.

wsc777

Update

We were also having trouble with the head not putting out ink. We thought it was just due to the head not being cleaned well enough but after a thurough cleaning it still wouldnt put out so i took the pump assembly out just to take a look and found that the gear on the pump side of the shaft that goes between the motor and the pump was striped out so i know i have to replace that but could this also be causing my error. I wouldn't think so but im not sure. any ideas?