• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

E450 Passenger Van wrap Help

altereddezignz

We have a customer who owns a large car sales dealership. They have bought this bus and want it wrapped flat black with their logos on sides and back. I have wrapped trucks and some cars before but I have never tackled anything like this before.
My main concert is the roof of arra above the cab. Any pointers or insite on this area. It looks as most everything is flat or is like a normal auto other than this area.
Well other than all the white silicone around the tops of all the glass and the seems. Guessing you paint those or leave them exposed as the vinyl will not stick to them?

I am trying to upload the image. One minute.

altereddezignz

Here is a picture of the bus. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3003.JPG
    IMG_3003.JPG
    668.5 KB · Views: 379

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
If you're asking how to get to it, use scaffolding, a pair of Little Giants with a walk board. Unless it's got some weird coating, the vinyl should stick just fine. Use a cast material made for wraps, and the appropriate laminate.
And make sure the customer understands that the vinyl will not stick to the silicone.

altereddezignz

It was more of the large multi ways contour and its a matte black material over the white as well lol... I was just looking for a tips when i get ready to do it lol..

altereddezignz

Looks as the hardest part will be the nose cone above the cab. Would this be easier doing a seam right along the front lower edge. Doing the underside first then doing the top. This way it splits that large contour up?

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Sides are easy. The cab is normal. The most complicated is the area above the cab, of course. Do this in sections with 1/4" overlaps. Knifeless tape will work great.

I wrapped this a few months back. Give me a call if you would like to discuss how I did the install.

City Lights.jpg

papabud

Lone Wolf
that bus is a very straight forward project. i have done several, of that model. you wont want to wrap the silicone seams. but their body guy can go back behind you and re seam the bus with a black sealant. this will also help hide any cut problems you might of had.
the only problem area on the cabs are above the windshield and the very nose of the front quarter panels.
we usually wrap up and onto the roof about 8" more than that and you will never see it.

boxerbay

I bet it was a pig. just look at the cancerous wheels. the body was probably just as bad. We have done some old rusty Econoline vans that leave the shop looking shiny and new with fresh bright graphics.

OP: Plasticdip it black. then add the logos.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Fiberglass filler
Sand
A little paint (mirrors, folding door, taillight areas)
Apply vinyl
Re-caulk with black at seams

They wanted us to paint the wheels too but did not have enough time to do them

altereddezignz

The one we have has a huge nose cone above the cab. They are also wanting it Matte black as well. Some body spots have to be fixed as the paint is flaking off in a few spots..

altereddezignz

Sides are easy. The cab is normal. The most complicated is the area above the cab, of course. Do this in sections with 1/4" overlaps. Knifeless tape will work great.

I wrapped this a few months back. Give me a call if you would like to discuss how I did the install.

262.548.0055 View attachment 129169

I will def be giving you a call bc i am not sure how to transition the big rounded side pieces right behind the doors to the top of the cab. Then there is the huge nose cone that is on mine that a lot larger than what is on the one you did. I am sure it would be about the same with maybe a lower piece then the top and sides so a couple seams there i would imagine..

Dont want to bother you on a weekend especially fathers day so ill give you a call early Monday morning bc i will be starting the wrap Tuesday after i fix the paint issues Monday. That and i have 3 other wraps to do so this bus one has me a little on the nervous side.

altereddezignz

Fiberglass filler
Sand
A little paint (mirrors, folding door, taillight areas)
Apply vinyl
Re-caulk with black at seams

They wanted us to paint the wheels too but did not have enough time to do them

On the silicone seams did you just cut to the outer edge of the factory color and then apply black over all of that area where the old silicone was?

Also did you just wrap over the seam filler hard piece toward the back of the bus that looks as it seams the large back panel to the side body panel?

Thanks