• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

e6 palette colors

geb

I loaded e6 today, and was trying it out, and noticed the palette colors for Avery didn't seem close to the actual vinyl colors. I just started using a new computer and e6 is new to me also, is there some adjustment I need to make so the manufaturer palettes will look real close to their actual vinyl colors? I tried Averys Maroon Burgundy and it looked black on screen. Some of the other colors looked off also. Thanks for any help.

George

geb

I try loading the A8 opaque palette, it says its the a8 opaque palette, but the colors are the default palette e6 starts up in. I reset the palette function, but no difference. Do I have to reinstall e6 to get my a8 palette back? Seems like alot to have to do. The other manufacturer palettes seem to be fine. Thanks.

George

Bob Gilliland

George,

Sorry for not addressing this sooner. Regarding the first post, yes, you can adjust the colors. Providing that the Avery palette is loaded as the current shop palette, and with nothing selected, double left click on the color swatch and adjust the sliders/data values to where it looks closer. Inside version 6 there is no “one button” solution to adjust on screen colors.

You may want to save a “copy” of the palette and work on that “saved” version, thereby keeping your original palette in tact in case it is needed in the future. Outside of adjusting yourself, not anything I’m aware of.

Regarding your second post, I think your “original” A8-O pallet may have been over written or some other similar action. No, it does not require a complete re-install to restore the palette. Since you indicated your colors looked “off” anyway, send me your email address (PM it or send it direct) and I’ll provide you with something I think you may be much happier with. If you don’t like it, we’ll restore your original A8-O palette.